Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are starting a motorcycle rental biz here in Fort Myers Florida. Included in our rental fleet is my 02 V-Rod. This is a side business for us for now but hope to grow it into something full time in the future.
If you are in this area on vacation give me a call and mention this site and we will give you a discount.
Check out our web site (still under construction) for more info, pictures, and contact info at www.SWFLCycleRentals.com

We hope to be up and running by mid September.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
We went on vacation a few years ago to sanible island, we stayed there one night and decided we had made a mistake, so we hopped over to fort myers and I had the best time of my life. That place is awesome!!! We stayed at the.....lani kai (I think that was the name of it) and we actually met a few people working there that have houses here at the lake of the ozarks. And there was a restaurant "The Beached Whale" they had the best wings I've ever had. Anyway, just wanted to say you guys are living a beautiful area! I'll be back sometime :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, this is a great place to live! Riding weather almost all year round!
I go to the Lani Kai and the Beached whale often ( love chicken wings). About a 10 min. ride on the bike from my house. My wife and I like to take rides on the bikes down to the beach on the weekends. If you have not been down here in a while, things are growing fast. Much more to do than even 5 years ago.
Look us up if you return!
Scott

·
Life's good
677 Posts
Hey Scott,

Just checked out your website. Looks great! How is the biz doing so far? Good luck with everything...

Axel

·
Registered
767 Posts
My mom liives close in Punta Gorda we're headed that way next week for Turkey Day, debating on whether to truck bike with us?

Would love to try the wings at Beached Whale, since I'm a conniseur of all things wing!

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
so we were planning a trip for maybe next winter (december or so) to florida, and i was wondering what the laws were on renting a bike to a 20 yr old, will your insurance cover me? local HD dealership wouldnt let me testride one, so i went to a private seller and bought mine, but how would that work not being "of age" in the eyes of an insurance company?

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Ah, the memories of the barfight I had at the holiday inn. Was renting a place almost accross the street fom the Holiday Inn bar, so a coworker and I would go there for drinks. We got into it, and beat on each other all the way out into the parking lot to the FHP and to jail we went, ah, the good old days on Ft Meyer beach!

Back then land that was open from Ft Meyers without development ended at the dog track outside Naples. Property was cheap and plentiful then, was on the cheap. Was in the mid 70's.

So hows biz?

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Great site took the time to see it all, as most of you know im a Bike Dealer and if I can be of any help please let me know George good luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
My pop used to live in Matlacha, so I'm fairly familiar with the area and the islands. We try to go down there every year for vacation on Sanibel. I'll look you up if I get the chance. We're going in June 2008.

Peace,
ScottRod

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello all,

Biz has been good here in Ft. Myers. Most of my rentals have been from people down on vacation from up north.
The V-Rod is very popular bike to rent. Many of the renters own Road Kings, Fat Boy's or some other brand of motorcycle. They all said they rented the V-Rod because they have always wanted to ride a V-Rod. Most people that have rented it say they love it. I have had two people in the last month that have bought V-Rods when they returned home after renting mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts