Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I pull up to the stealership, park my rumble v in one of the skinny parking spots designated for H-D only. A dude with a "real" h-d says "this is for harleys". I just look at him and say huh then go inside where my intentions were to buy some h-d shirts and a new leather jacket. But everything - everything - shirts, gloves, coats, helmets, boots, etc was made somewhere other than the USA. Bangledesh, china, malasia... So that caused a mission abort! Does anyone find it funny that the traditional h-d man will knock the vrod but will pay huge prices to wrap his ass in way stupid priced foreign garmets? I mean how could h-d live with themselves touting made in USA but have their men wearing foreign trash? I felt pretty disturbed.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
So... I pull up to the stealership, park my rumble v in one of the skinny parking spots designated for H-D only. A dude with a "real" h-d says "this is for harleys". I just look at him and say huh then go inside where my intentions were to buy some h-d shirts and a new leather jacket. But everything - everything - shirts, gloves, coats, helmets, boots, etc was made somewhere other than the USA. Bangledesh, china, malasia... So that caused a mission abort! Does anyone find it funny that the traditional h-d man will knock the vrod but will pay huge prices to wrap his ass in way stupid priced foreign garmets? I mean how could h-d live with themselves touting made in USA but have their men wearing foreign trash? I felt pretty disturbed.
But all the bike components are made in China now. Only assembled in US!

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
...But everything - everything - shirts, gloves, coats, helmets, boots, etc was made somewhere other than the USA. Bangledesh, china, malasia...
You must not go to dealerships often. It's been that way for decades!

Personally, I'd be ashamed to be seen wearing any of their shit.
I've been riding H-D since 1974,have yet to have them cut a check for wearing their advertising.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rite... I am not very fond of my local dealership. It is just amazing that the attitude of ole harley guys. What is hd gonna do when they die off? Oh I know... get rid of the VROD?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dad and uncle are very traditional enthusiasts. I rolled up and he says why didn't you buy a real harley? I said because they are slow and vibrate your eyeballs loose.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
My dad and uncle are very traditional enthusiasts. I rolled up and he says why didn't you buy a real harley? I said because they are slow and vibrate your eyeballs loose.
And don't forget to step around the oil slick. :D

Honestly, I've never quite figured out the mystique of H-D.

Go to Sturgis and you'll see H-D tattoo's and H-D logo's on tents, clothes, lingerie, coolers, and possibly toilet paper for as far as the eye can see.

I like my bike, but I don't like my bike THAT much!

R.

·
Registered
105 Posts
"this is for harleys". I just look at him and say huh then go inside... ... anyone find it funny that the traditional h-d man will knock the vrod but will pay huge prices to wrap his ass in way stupid priced foreign garmets?

Funny & ironic post. I have been to a Harley Davidson dealership twice... ...My 1st time was this last December when I bought my 2004 VRSCA... ...2nd time in early April between MN spring blizzards, when I rode my VRod home from the winter dealership storage.

No other "real" Harley Davidson dudes in sight at the dealership. Even the mech-guys working the shop seemed surprised when I called and showed up to roll the VRSCA home.

I did NOT see another Harley Davidson rider rolling in MN until well into May when the snow was gone. Actually heard him, before I saw him. We greeted each other in the traditional "HD Hullo!" We revved & barked our HDs at each other. Cool like two wolves greeting one another.

HD logo on clothing that makes a real Harley Davidson rider? ...Or is it time in the saddle and tools in the garage ?...

I don't care what a fellow rider rolls. I tend to road salute to acknowledge we share the same spirit and risks of the open road when it comes the two wheel roll.

The dealership where I bought my VRod does send me a lot of email. They had a tattoo rally. This weekend they are hosting a swap meet with a rock radio station.

Maybe I will stop in and count the riders wearing HD logo gear. If I am REALLY lucky maybe some one will comment my VRod isn't a real Harley Davidson...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts