Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my MotoHooligan airbox in today and installed it. Man, this thing is a piece of artwork. Definitely a good value for what's involved in making one of these. I had mine done in black and from order to received it was about 5 days. Communication and customer service was awesome. Not affiliated just wanted to give a shout out to a good vendor for V stuff. Now to see if she runs better. I'm not expecting a power increase until I go big-bore just hopefully a little more breath.

http://www.motohooliganperformance.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=46&product_id=81

·
Vic Jacoby
1,458 Posts
How about some pics???

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics

Here are some pics before install. People claim 3-5hp over stock, not sure about topless. I'm not a fan of topless sound so I originally had my airbox modified with 1" holes in the top, personally I love the looks of the box and it appears to run smoother during all phases of riding, time will tell though. Also it eliminates the stupid front/rear breather hoses that HD makes and fail all the time and uses their own design which is thicker tubing so they should definitely last longer.

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
posted from MotoHooligan website:

"Moto Hooligan airbox for the Harley Davidson V-Rod . Compleetly replaces the factory air box. Includes all hardwear and instructions. Gains of 3-5 HP have been seen without extra tuning over the stock box topless with K&N and SE filter. More dyno results will be posted as they become avalible. Comes in black anodized or raw aluminum. Fits all V-Rod models with 53mm & 58mm throttle bodies including the Muscle"

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Cycle Enthusiast
65 Posts
wonder what exhaust was on that bike when he ran it...the dyno sheet seems ok but nothing to write home about...

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're does the IAC pull its air from? Those two pin holes in the center?
Are you talking IAC (Idle air control) or IAT (Intake air temperature)? The IAT sensor mounts on the bottom as in the pic above if that what you meant

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is it supplied with a K&N filter? Is there an Amsoil equivalent for this airbox?

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I does come with a filter and I believe it is made by K&N and it has his logo on the rubber seal of the filter, I'm sure Amsoil makes the filter as well. Here are a few pics with it on the bike

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you mean IAT as in Intake Air Temp sensor, there is a hole on the lower airbox panel that the sensor clips into and just plugs in. Simple setup

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My wallet is like my bank account (PHAT Baby) Haha

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is there really something to removing the air box cover?

I have seen a number of people post about how the bike runs "better", but yet to see any hard evidence.

Also, I have heard plenty mention that it's not worth doing with out replacing cams and doing some major upgrades to the motor itself.

I have a Cobra auto tuner and currently in the process of install one of those UE tanks so it wouldn't be a big deal to alter the air box.

In fact I saw a pic of one guy who cut the tray of the air box off and made it look similar to that $400.00 set up. They put the sensor in the top cover.

When I read the forum post, all they said was how much noisier it is, with out proving HP gains.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts