Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I use to clean the wheels on my 02 Solid wheel V-rod, before storing it for the winter?? Also, what is a good product to clean chrome with??

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I Tried Mothers and wasn't overly impressed.

I've heard the best stuff is called BOMS away and Captain Richards Best.
I have'nt been able to locate these in Australia as of yet, I have sent them an email just this weekend asking if they'll ship to AU.
http://www.captainrichardsbest.com/id23.htm

The stuff I have been using atm which I find HEAPS better than Mothers is a German product that has been out for years and years called Autosol.
http://www.autosol.com.au/ <- Note the DX used on the site :angeldev:
http://www.autosol.com.au/MetalPolishes.html
I find Autosol requires less elbow grease to achieve better results than Mothers.

Hope this helps

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Trust Ricky G, nobody knows clean better then the master of clean himself. During the rally I caught him twice trying to clean my bike, back Ricky Down. :rofl:

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
Ricky G. said:
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:
Perfectly clean bike, Lawn trimmed and edged to perfection... I dont even see dust, dirt even small stones on the drive way.
This guy knows what he is talking about, Im buying that product today! Where can I get these products?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
ladipogi said:
Perfectly clean bike, Lawn trimmed and edged to perfection... I dont even see dust, dirt even small stones on the drive way.
This guy knows what he is talking about, Im buying that product today! Where can I get these products?
Ricky is a sick sick man but nobody knows clean better. I love ya brother you know that but your sick....... :)

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
That mothers mini power ball makes cleaning the wheels easy :thumb:

·
4,638 Posts
Max said:
Trust Ricky G, nobody knows clean better then the master of clean himself. During the rally I caught him twice trying to clean my bike, back Ricky Down. :rofl:
Took care of the vehicles today ........:driving: :driving: :driving:

Attachments

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Ricky G. said:
Took care of the vehicles today ........

Are those some of your neighbors vehicles too? :angeldev:

I gotta say....Trust VrodG on the metal polishing formula's he recommends,the marine compound he gave me works on my aluminum cases and lasts.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Ricky G. said:
Took care of the vehicles today ........
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
Are those some of your neighbors vehicles too? :angeldev:

I gotta say....Trust VrodG on the metal polishing formula's he recommends,the marine compound he gave me works on my aluminum cases and lasts.

Elrod on the V-Rod
Don't use that stuff on chrome. :deal:

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Bombs away for ease of use on the rims, way way easier to remove unless you use the white flour trick, then its only slightly more trouble but add in a little more clean up do to all the power on the floor and dust on the bike.

Mothers billet on everything else.

I exclusively use Mothers Billet on my polished tins. There is nothing that even comes close to the mirror finish it leaves, but the rims are a bitch due to all the grooves in them and Bombs Away gives about 90% the same results on the cast metal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts