Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Most you've ever gotten on a full tank?

788 views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  streetrodder06 
#1 ·
I hit 160.7 miles on mine the other day... actually was the same day that I had it dyno'd and tuned after installation of my power commander. My fuel gauge kept goofing around and I thought I had a bit more to go and at 160 it start to choke... luckily I was right in front of a gas station.

#2 ·
179 with a UE tank, mostly freeway, but I've never run it dry. I figure close to 190 on all freeway w/ the windshield on, SE V-Mods, Mark's map.

I ran the stock tank dry at 126 once with average riding, v-modded stockers with 'the best v-mod RT map'.

#3 ·
184, put in 4.7, riding pretty casually.

#4 ·
145mi riding 55 without being too aggressive. :)

#8 ·
I have the AW model with the stock 5 gallon tank. I have never put over 4 gallons in after a ride. Recently I had 160 on the tank, the reserve was flashing LO but I still only put in 4.1 gallons.

I would think in an emergency, I could go 195, maybe 200 if I baby it.

But usually when riding with other people we have to stop at about 150 for them, so I fill up too.

On long rides, 150 miles is about 2 to 3 hours of riding, depending on the route. By then I'm ready to stretch my legs anyway so I don't mind stopping.

#11 ·
115 and I'm sweating, 117 and I'm pushing it down the street. Ran out of gas 2X, but never fit more than 3.3 in the tank. 3.7 my ass! :moon:

#13 ·
Riding the Snowy Mountains, with a pillion, we passed a gas station with the guage showing 1/2 full and showing 130 km range on the odometer, which went to empty by the time we'd covered another 80 km .... we ran into Corryong on fumes, the last 30 km with a featherlight hand on the throttle at 60 - 70 km/h. There was 319 km (196 miles) on the speedo, and I had to put 14.4 litres in for a fill. Mostly I get about 220 km (137 miles) to a tank.

#15 ·
173.4 on my '07 D. the 'distance to empty' computer is a joke. so is the gage really. the last 1/4 tank drops like a stone. the computer said i had 60 miles to go, then 25 miles later i was down to 23 or so. i was sweating it. by the time i got to the gas station, the computer just said 'LO'. it was barely 30 miles after seeing the '60 to go' indication. i was riding on the highway for 95% of the trip, probably averaging 70 or so mph.

#16 ·
22 on the 3.7 tank! I like free hotdogs most stations have! $10 worth of gas and you get a free :cook !

#18 ·
Depends on speed traveled, I did get 175 on a ride to east Texas with a group that was running 55mph on a Ricks tank and then put in 4.4 gallons.

#20 ·
tpspuck said:
136 on the 3.7 tank....at 136.1, I was in reserve mode....a turkey baster (with a small hose on it) and my riding buddies tank.....
Gotta luv Reserve Mode! My reserve is 1/2 liter of gas in an MSR camp stove fuel cylinder. It's quick n' handy...and I've used it a couple times. Normally I fill up when the Odo his 105 and end up putting 2.8 gallons in.

#22 ·
120-ish miles per stock tank.... do the miles I've pushed it count? :banghead:

#24 ·
never gone to full empty on a long trip, but the last one I was on I was getting about 51 mpg, I would think that at that style of riding on the bigger tanks you could in theory get 250 miles or so, if you were riding on the highway and not hot rodding it. But, the most I can actually record by going almost down to empty was 184 miles.

#25 ·
Yeah, I'm sure I could have gone a lot further on that tank but I've never tried going that far til then... I was hammering it pretty hard to see how much performance the Power Commander did for me. Of course now I treat it the same way just because I love the sound when I do bunny rabbit take offs at red lights...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.