Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this horse has been beat to death but could somenone pls advise their thoughts on the best tuner for my 09 f.i am from canada and we get [email protected]#ked so bad on things here i want to be well informed whEn i buy.so far all i have done is v& h slip-ons and they are awesome but i want to add a tuner and filter set-up dealer up here says a set-up race tuner will cost 1200 incl dyno time plus filter seems high TO ME

·
Registered
818 Posts
I will also give the PC V a thumbs up......but the Dyno Jets maps are Junk!!!!!!!!!!! Have found very few that have had any luck running them as posted. Many of the maps are way off.

Spend some time looking at the EFI section of this forum to help form your own opinion. Regardless of what you are going to purchase, it's going to require some tuning, especially for the Muscle.

I seen you posted about having the V&H's installed.....so what are you using now to tune for the slip-on's?????? Need a tuner more for the pipes then adding a filter or going topless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the V&H's on mine with the PC V and find it great. Had it Dyno'd though. If you think you get f#@ked over in Canada you should try New Zealand!! We get stuff all to choose from and what we do get is so expensive.

·
Cajun-VRSCF
263 Posts
Just switched to the VRFI with auto tune and no maps to worry about. Load a base map and set the a/f ratios where you want them and ride. You don't have to worry about finding a place to stuff extra boxes because it replaces your ECM. JMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i currently have no tuner on it and it runs very well my dealer who i got the v&h from said it was not a problem to run w/o a tuner but if i were to get one i should get the se....and said the pcv are nothing but trouble

·
Registered
101 Posts
i currently have no tuner on it and it runs very well my dealer who i got the v&h from said it was not a problem to run w/o a tuner but if i were to get one i should get the se....and said the pcv are nothing but trouble
No offense but that is what I would expect a dealer to say.

·
Rob
85 Posts
I have the V&H's on mine with the PC V and find it great. Had it Dyno'd though. If you think you get f#@ked over in Canada you should try New Zealand!! We get stuff all to choose from and what we do get is so expensive.
And to make it even worse we have to deal with AMPS {Auckland motors and power sports]the only dealer in Auckland.They only sell PC and failed miserably when they tried to tune my Super tuner as they didnt have the right software,i had to take it 2hrs south to another HD dealer.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not to put you in a panic but V&H recommends some type of fueler to be used with their slip ons and 2 into 1 exhausts. If not reading their site closely you will miss it. It says "fuel maps available".

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not to put you in a panic but V&H recommends some type of fueler to be used with their slip ons and 2 into 1 exhausts. If not reading their site closely you will miss it. It says "fuel maps available".
I cannot find the fuel maps available on their site! Where are they?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
am i the only one who thinks the powercomanders are crap and the thundermax is the way to go?.if you have half a brain you will find the tm easy to work with.but after reading all the negative views on the tm i wonder what those people are doing wrong.im not putting anyone doen here mind you ,i just dont understand why so many issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts