Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here besides me feel that this group has morphed into something more than an online forum? How many other "Online Forums" have a national get together? How many have regional gatherings like the Crab Run here in the Md, Va, DC area. From simple bike mods to supporting other members through tough times and tragedy, I hear about the politics of the local HOG chapters and the discourse within. Unless I'm blind we seem to be above that, we throw something out, it sticks and we do it. This "Forum" is almost as much of the V-Rod experience as riding it is. Am I the only one that recognizes this? :grouphug

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
No, it is more of a brotherhood/club in my eyes. Ride once with the Detroit crew and you will see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
One big happy family.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
:grouphug ONE BIG HAPPY DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Nope - can't say I've noticed that. To me, this is just a sterile online environment. I've made 1800+ posts solely in reference to technical issues - most of them about wind wobble.

Honest.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Nope - can't say I've noticed that. To me, this is just a sterile online environment. I've made 1800+ posts solely in reference to technical issues - most of them about wind wobble.

Honest.
What wind wobble? LOL

·
Registered
513 Posts
I agree, I have been a member of several online forums and there are only 2 that are like that. And those are the two forums I frequent the most, this site being one and the other is a car forum I am a member of.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You'll find many of the other forums do the same. Goldwing Forum I belong to has a couple gatherings every year, Old Zook board I use to belong to did the same and I imagine still does.

Human Nature.....

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
What wind wobble? LOL
OK - I gues there were a couple of hundred posts about front end clunk, too

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
The good forums morph into communites.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hope to meet some of the members

Forum is great, hope to meet some more members at Biketoberfest this year...Anyone coming through Jacksonville, and might need assistance, contact me before the trip.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Kev, don't wait on biketoberfest - KC Rally! Be there!

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
This place suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux!!!:tmbsdow:

Hang out here and you'll be :broke: and your wife will always complain about you "wasting" time on here. Get out while you still can! There's no longer any hope for me, but you can possibly save yourself.

If not, see you in KC!!!

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pondo said:

Hang out here and you'll be :broke: and your wife will always complain about you "wasting" time on here. Get out while you still can! There's no longer any hope for me, but you can possibly save yourself.

If not, see you in KC!!!

Sounds like your priorities are out of order. Drop the wife and you'll have more money for the bike and nobody to nag about how much time you spend on here.:laugh: I can say this cause I'm not married, go figure.

·
RIP BR
2,244 Posts
DungeonWorks said:
No, it is more of a brotherhood/club in my eyes. Ride once with the Detroit crew and you will see what I mean.
:soapbox: I couldnt agree more,the guys from detroit are the "dopest"{coolest} bunch of people on the forum:soapbox:

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
I like it, helps people like me just starting out. Learned more here that with my local HOG group. BTW they do not like V-ROD's :mad:

·
Registered
553 Posts
For me 1130cc.com was all the information I needed, exactly when I needed it most, and the personal experiences shared has greatly enhanced my ride... Best thing since I found my V-Rod!

I'd like to see more coordination of "local riders" getting together for stuff on short notices, but it's made quite a difference to me already... It's sort of nice to find a whole community of "red headed step children" with whom to share insights and experience.

·
Bill
388 Posts
Pondo said:

If not, see you in KC!!!

:them:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts