Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few more items that are finalized from Doherty Machine.

PowerVent Kit - $163.95

Reduces blowby oil mist and decreases crankcase pressure.

Billet Dual Bearing Countershaft Support - $329.00

Chain drive ONLY at this time. Pulley drive version is in the works, maybe 4 weeks out.

Includes bearing, seal, o-ring, and hardware.

I am real excited about this piece. Not only does it provide support for the transmission output shaft but it provides additional locking force to keep upper and lower cases together.

Prototype Photo to give idea of location.

Steel Stud Girdle - $291.45

Made of rigid 1018 Steel for maximum support. Includes (4) 10mm ARP case studs and nuts.

And of course there is the new Billet Oil Pan that is listed in the Group Buy section for $389.95 right now.

There is MORE on the way. Another 4 weeks or so we should be showing a new group of parts. Hang tight. You will not believe your eyes.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I love this stuff

·
brett
9,338 Posts
AWESOME ,once all has been produced ,u will have an order from me , i hope ,lol,

question in the meantime ,will the front pulley cover still be able to be used with the counter shaft support

·
MR. DAVIDSON !
162 Posts
cool stuff

This stuff is trick ! -- I new way to spend more money ! -- waiting for more ! -----

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Should I just chuck my entire wallet at the state of Wisconsin? Geez Ken.

·
Registered
276 Posts
awesome ,once all has been produced ,u will have an order from me , i hope ,lol,

question in the meantime ,will the front pulley cover still be able to be used with the counter shaft support
yes but single bearing only, still the same relative case support, they do work! also the front sprocket requires a .230 spacer {furnished) using the destroyer sprocket, yes the cover still bolts on.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I'd like to know more about that breather kit. Could I use it on my Trask? I want to cut that box off the side of the plenum and use this. The brass fittings Trask put in will not seal and the threads are stripping. It would also make removal of the plenum a whole lot easier...

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why are these parts not shown on the web site? There is only a Trask turbo kit shown.
http://dohertymachine.com/index.php?cPath=45_46&osCsid=4e6c93cda238b1c94534fad147453378
Are the parts going to be made as ordered? If so,what is the waiting time?
Al, they are actually in the process of rebuilding their entire website from top to bottom. The new site will have all the V-Rod parts on it along with a bunch of engine building tips and calculations. The parts are available now. They actually cut the oil pans last week. 57lbs block of aluminum down to about 5lbs for the oil pan. Can you say piles of chips?

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
nice work...wonder if the blow by kit would interfere with my arnott comp. & stuff in the air box?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I honestly believe you are trying to push me into another divorce

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Ok I hate to show some stupidity here but where is the Steel Stud Girdle at? I really cant see/tell from pic? I am to "assume" in the eng. itself? Pls no bashing.... :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The 5th and 6th picture from the top. The one with 4 holes.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I know that where on the eng. does it go? I cannot seem to figure it out right now. Brain isnt working right now....

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
I know that where on the eng. does it go? I cannot seem to figure it out right now. Brain isnt working right now....
It bolts underside of motor by taking off oil pan.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
rgr.... tyvm

1 - 20 of 73 Posts