Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FCA
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 105th anniversary model and I'm new to vrods. I also am trying to get a more comfortable ride for my SO. I've read alot of threads on this subject, but I'm still a little confused. We probably will never do more than a couple of hours at a time, so I don't want to totally ruin the lines of the bike. Someone once posted that a DX seat is much more comfortable and I saw a 2009 seat/pillion for sale. Does anyone know if that will fit my bike, and if it does, would that be better seat to modify or add a gel pad to?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Welcome! Yes it fits, and I tried them all. PM sent.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
DX passenger pillion is much more comfortable for your passenger (and many DX folks covet the AW pillion as it's sleeker), the DX pilot seat is the same pilot seat you have now. For you, you may want to consider the Sundowner

·
FCA
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your responses! The "Day Long" seats is an option I wasn't aware of. The sundowner may be the way to go, but they don't do alot for the lines of the bike. A question for CPTJAM.....If you tried them all, what worked and what didn't? What are you using now?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Frank,
Everyone is different. I like a seat as hard as a rock. So, a Corbin works for me. Other folks like an A seat, a DX seat, an X seat, a modded gel seat. I tried everything until I figured out I needed a really hard seat. At a slim and trim 275#, my idea of seating is different than somone who weighs 100# less. Make it fit you. I sent you a PM. Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts