Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Autobanmod
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ketsugo said:
I'll bet it doesn't make good power being a 2 into 2 system. If this system existed as a 2 into 1, I'd be VERY interested! But $3K USD? WOW!
John
Dear John,
why would you bet and for how much?
p.s. I think this is just a dealer that likes to make too much profit, it looks as if they do not built the exhaust themselves.

Jan

·
Autobanmod
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please consider the following:
As discussed in http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2206
the VE Maps for the SE slip on exhaust and for the 16" double barrel are nearly the same.
It is obvious that a 2-2 exhaust system will change the flow characteristic considerably but strangely this has not been considered in the map updates.
Are you convinced that SE did test the VE for the double barrel pipes???
Can anyone please find out or comment?
Why do you think that Porsche Engineering did the R&D for the revolution engine and not SE?

I have meanwhile contacted Porsche Engineering directly in order to get a qualified opinion but to be honest I have doubts that they will revert.

·
Autobanmod
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ketsugo said:
Well I have a good friend with the SE 16ga pipes v-modded and dyno tuned with the PCIIIr. He's making 115.6 rwhp and also has the SE a/f and 28T pulley. That was an increase of 8.9 rwhp as his baseline dyno run netted 106.7 rwhp.John
Ok - good for you, but where's your point to my previous post?
2,3 RWHP constantly over the whole RPM bandwith?
That is not much difference and probably less than the measurement accuracy. Unless the runs were made on the same day: what about ambient influces like Temp or Air Pressure?
Have the VE tables been modified based upon lamda probe values or was it just AFR adjustment (PCIIIr)?
Please upload some VE Maps etc if available.
Thank you for your input,

Jan-Dirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.