Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Olivier (Shark 64 in this forum) is putting a Monk Crew Motorcycle Ride Sunday, Sept. 30th 2007. Details to follow, however, for your pre-planning he is setting up a meet in Santa Clarita, CA (on I-5 North of L.A.) and then roll across the 126 and up to Ojai for lunch and then down the Pacific Coast Highway. He expects between 15 and 25 riders who crew on the Monk TV series on the USA network plus anyone else attending. If I'm going, I've got to get to get cracking on replacing the cooling fans and tires on my V-ROD because that will be an all day ride from here in The O.C.

For your reference, I attached a photo...Oliver is the guy with the shaved head (L). I took this shot in the elevator at Bartel's HD in Marina Del Rey when I created the Air Force One ride to the Reagan Library a year ago this Memorial Day.

I'm posting this for Olivier since he's putting in many long hours on the Monk sets.

PS. If you catch this thread posting in time, Olivier plays a cop on Tomorrow's episode (Sept. 14th). I believe USA will rerun it a few times following the initial airing tomorrow.

Dana
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
danafwelch said:
Olivier (Shark 64 in this forum) is putting a Monk Crew Motorcycle Ride Sunday, Sept. 30th 2007. Details to follow, however, for your pre-planning he is to setting up a meet in Santa Clarita, CA (on I-5 North of L.A.) and then roll across the 126 and up to Ojai for lunch and then down the Pacific Coast Highway. He expects between 15 and 25 riders who crew on the Monk TV series on the USA network plus anyone else attending. If I'm going, I've got to get to get cracking on replacing the cooling fans and tires on my V-ROD because that will be an all day ride from here in The O.C.

For your reference, I attached a photo...Oliver is the guy with the shaved head (L). I took this shot in the elevator at Bartel's HD in Marina Del Rey when I created the Air Force One ride to the Reagan Library a year ago this Memorial Day.

I'm posting this for Olivier since he's putting in many long hours on the Monk sets.

PS. If you catch this thread posting in time, Olivier plays a cop on Tomorrow's episode (Sept. 14th). I believe USA will rerun it a few times following the initial airing tomorrow.

Dana

I was wondering what happened to Olivier - haven't seen him in a long time.
I'll pencil this in - So far I am open for that day - if we go reasonably early. Would be nice to see him again. What about you Dana, are you coming for sure? Would be nice to see you too!
Oh and ... familiar looking face next to Olivier in your picture :D (me for those reading this if we havent met)
 

·
Vrodder since 2004
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
Sounds fun - wow that would be a long ride for me though. I'll think about it. I have never been out to Ojai and would love to see it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PASCAL said:
I was wondering what happened to Olivier - haven't seen him in a long time.
I'll pencil this in - So far I am open for that day - if we go reasonably early. Would be nice to see him again. What about you Dana, are you coming for sure? Would be nice to see you too!
Oh and ... familiar looking face next to Olivier in your picture :D (me for those reading this if we havent met)
Ha ha, yes...it's the same face you see in the morning when you shave. :)
I hope to make the ride, I've just got to get the new tires on and the cooling fans replaced. I did the oil/filter yesterday.
 

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
I LOVE that show!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelley said:
I LOVE that show!
Me too. Olivier invited me up to a shooting on location in a spiffy neighborhood in LA last year. During the shooting breaks I met most of the actors, see: http://www.tv.com/monk/show/9130/cast.html?flag=1&tag=subtabs;actors and found Ted Levine to be the most interesting because he's a real biker. Just sold a Knucklehead when I met him. He rode it in a movie years ago and ended up buying it. Also, he told me about trips into Mexico.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
danafwelch said:
Olivier (Shark 64 in this forum) is putting a Monk Crew Motorcycle Ride Sunday, Sept. 30th 2007. Details to follow, however, for your pre-planning he is setting up a meet in Santa Clarita, CA (on I-5 North of L.A.) and then roll across the 126 and up to Ojai for lunch and then down the Pacific Coast Highway. He expects between 15 and 25 riders who crew on the Monk TV series on the USA network plus anyone else attending. If I'm going, I've got to get to get cracking on replacing the cooling fans and tires on my V-ROD because that will be an all day ride from here in The O.C.

For your reference, I attached a photo...Oliver is the guy with the shaved head (L). I took this shot in the elevator at Bartel's HD in Marina Del Rey when I created the Air Force One ride to the Reagan Library a year ago this Memorial Day.

I'm posting this for Olivier since he's putting in many long hours on the Monk sets.

PS. If you catch this thread posting in time, Olivier plays a cop on Tomorrow's episode (Sept. 14th). I believe USA will rerun it a few times following the initial airing tomorrow.

Dana
Olivier just called with the results of his pre-riding the route today. Based on his findings, this is the updated info on this ride:

Meeting place:
Starbucks
Burbank & Van Nuys, Van Nuys
14431 Burbank Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91401
818-779-0347
(see map attached)

Meeting date:
Sunday, Sept. 30th (no change)
Meeting time at Starbucks: 10:00 AM
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Unfortunately, it does not look good for me anymore on that day. When I hear more about the brunch I need to go to, I'll see if I can meet you guys directly in Ojai or something (asssuming you'll stop for lunch there).
Looks a little tight if you leave so early though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PASCAL said:
Unfortunately, it does not look good for me anymore on that day. When I hear more about the brunch I need to go to, I'll see if I can meet you guys directly in Ojai or something (asssuming you'll stop for lunch there).
Looks a little tight if you leave so early though.
Pascal,
According to Olivier, there definatley is a lunch stop in Ojai...perhaps we'll see you there. I am not sure where it will be, however.
Dana
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PASCAL said:
Pascal,
Not sure if that will be the place. Olivier did stop for lunch there on his trial run this weekend, however, when I put this thread up for him he said the Deer Lodge was more of a biker bar and there will be other brands of motorcycles on the ride...he was concerned there could be some "friction".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
danafwelch said:
Pascal,
Not sure if that will be the place. Olivier did stop for lunch there on his trial run this weekend, however, when I put this thread up for him he said the Deer Lodge was more of a biker bar and there will be other brands of motorcycles on the ride...he was concerned there could be some "friction".
I would think twice before picking up a fight with Olivier:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
danafwelch said:
Olivier just called with the results of his pre-riding the route today. Based on his findings, this is the updated info on this ride:

Meeting place:
Starbucks
Burbank & Van Nuys, Van Nuys
14431 Burbank Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91401
818-779-0347
(see map attached)

Meeting date:
Sunday, Sept. 30th (no change)
Meeting time at Starbucks: 10:00 AM
And Olivier called last night (Monday)...it is confirmed, lunch will be at the Deer Lodge in Ojai: http://www.ojaideerlodge.net/
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
I dropped the Bike off Monday the 17th, I have no hopes it will be ready this week but Next week maybe, if so I would love to go. Although I have been places several times with Dana I do not think we have actually ridden together anywhere.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
luxlamf said:
I dropped the Bike off Monday the 17th, I have no hopes it will be ready this week but Next week maybe, if so I would love to go. Although I have been places several times with Dana I do not think we have actually ridden together anywhere.
David,
Good luck with your scooter and I hope we do get to ride together. I dropped mine off today...starter motor or reply pooped out, having new tires put on and since they'll have the front wheel off, I'm having them change out the two cooling fans.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top