Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How much have you spent on mods on your V-Rod?

• Nope, Nada, Nothing - Running Stock

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Minimal - Up to about 1K

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Moderate - from 1K to 2.5K

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • Significant - 2.5K to 5K

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Money to burn - 5K and up!

Votes: 47 30.3%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much have you spent on mods on your V-Rod?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
You need to add to your poll. 5k is just a starting point for most of us. I have well over 2 times what I paid for my bike just in mods.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I'm a bone stock guy. :)

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Just getting started and I am at the 5K mark. My wife needs to get a job to support my habit.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Yeah I would be embarrassed to throw a leg over that thing. :rofl:

Mike I just slip a bag over my head. :rofl:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Max said:
I'm a bone stock guy. :)
Ummm... kay. Yeah, so am I:sinister:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Let's just say putting $5 large into a V-Rod is like putting $10K in any other Harley. The look you get with a customized V has a lot more punch $fo$; plus we are not a dime a dozen.

·
MR. DAVIDSON !
162 Posts
5k ?

For a lot of us - Like mike said - Thats just a starting point - 3>4 times that is kinda where I am - Plus a thousand hours or more of labor ! -- Was it a newbie who started this ?

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ERMS said:
For a lot of us - Like mike said - Thats just a starting point - 3>4 times that is kinda where I am - Plus a thousand hours or more of labor ! -- Was it a newbie who started this ?
Nope, I got about 7-8K in my Road King, and I'm just getting started on my Street Rod. But on the RK I added lots of bling and on the Street Rod I did not want to go that way, and I did not want to do anything that would hurt the handling.

In looking at the poll so far an overwhelming majority of people spend under 5K. A possible addition to this thread could be, who spent the most?

·
MR. DAVIDSON !
162 Posts
nykbob said:
Nope, I got about 7-8K in my Road King, and I'm just getting started on my Street Rod. But on the RK I added lots of bling and on the Street Rod I did not want to go that way, and I did not want to do anything that would hurt the handling.

In looking at the poll so far an overwhelming majority of people spend under 5K. A possible addition to this thread could be, who spent the most?
I stand corrected + I am sorry I sounded like a pompus a$$.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I was going to change the valve stem caps on the wheels but didn't want to effect the high resale value of a stock bike. :)

·
George
5,411 Posts
Max said:
Mike I just slip a bag over my head. :rofl:
Good idea... maybe slip on a heat shield on your leg, so you don't get burned on the turbo!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts