Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cliff
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes the Harley Davidson modular helmet? Mine has the two latch releases in front at the bottom. While cleaning the helmet the rag I was using caught one of the releases and it broke where the screw holds the wire to the button on the back side. I am in need of this button.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
KBC makes it

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i am looking now to see if I can find you a part number for the button

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
this is the closest thing I found..

http://www.cycleshopusa.com/products.asp?nm=3082

in the drop-down towards the top you can select liners, ratchet set, ect.... The button may be part of the ratchet set.. i dont know alot about the helmet personally. I am thinking you are better off calling KBC on monday and telling them what you need.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
anytime!

glad I could give some useful advice for once..LOL

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
smharris605 said:
I thought it was HJC that made the H-D Modular. I have one and mine has HJC tags on the inside of it.....
weird.. they may have changed the models.. how old is your helmet.. I know the new ones are made by KBC.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
~~edit~~

CRAP.... thanks for bringing this back up smharris..

Harley offers 2 helmets now.. the only one I had ever seen was the flamed helmet

and another, the system fullface helmet

to clear it all up, the system is made by HJC and the flame is made by KBC.... sorry if I led you down the wrong path FirstRod

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Beeek said:
I have both the HJC flip up (aka Symax) and this flamed KBC (aka FFR Flipup) model (which is the best helmet I've ever had). With both helmets I had a plastic piece break so I emailed both companies and they both sent me an overhaul kit for free.

The HJC email is [email protected]
The KBC is [email protected]
great info!:notworth:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
wow thats one of the older ones....it looks to have a different mechanism than both the others

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ok good news...

your helmet appears to be a Lazer Century/Lazer Revolution style helmet

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts