Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's what always ran through my mind every time I would read these forums about how "buying the bike is just a down payment for mods" and "let the mods begin", etc...

I just thought - hey, I always wanted a V Rod and when I get one, I will just keep it as is, what's the big deal???

Anyway, I'm staring at the bike last night and the mods that I am sure to start soon started running through my head. I now know what you are all talking about. I guess the addiction has begun!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I haven't spent tons of money on my bike but everytime I buy just one more thing I always say "ok this it the last thing I'll buy" and then start looking at the bike and seeing another "one more" thing I want. It's never ending

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Modding can definitely be an addiction. More so for some people than others but everyone makes their bike their own in some way. Charge what the market will bear, at least that's what Harley-Davidson does!

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Hi and welcome to Accesories Anonomus, My name is Brian and Im an addict. It started back in June when I purchased a 06 Street Rod and has been downhill since them. Everytime I go to an HD dealer I have this complusion to buy another part, when I log into 1130cc.com I always check the classifieds first... I need help.:banghead:

·
Registered
452 Posts
jacothedog said:
Well, that's what always ran through my mind every time I would read these forums about how "buying the bike is just a down payment for mods" and "let the mods begin", etc...

I just thought - hey, I always wanted a V Rod and when I get one, I will just keep it as is, what's the big deal???

Anyway, I'm staring at the bike last night and the mods that I am sure to start soon started running through my head. I now know what you are all talking about. I guess the addiction has begun!

Ha, I felt the same way! While I admired the mods many have done I decided that my AW was perfect just the way it was. Then I bought the chrome cover for the coolant hose and it is over for me. Now I know how an alcoholic feels when passing a liquor store when I pass a dealership. :broke:

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Same here. I went cold turkey for a while but..... then I needed some cleaning supplies. Next thing you know. :chair: This site does NOT help neither. :lamer:
:broke:

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Face it, your screwed. I guess its best to think of your V-rod as another family member that need to be fed, dressed, and constantly bought the newest gadgets to keep it happy.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I don't understand all you people feeling the need to change everything on the bike. Can't you just ride it the way it came from the factory? Sheesh some people just can't leave well enough alone. :) :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I signed up for payroll deduction direct-deposit to Stinky's Hawgs in Reno

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I paid 15,9 for my 03.I've only put several grand into a few minor mods.It's time to get on w some serious modifications,sooo,in a few months I have the intent to rip the bastard down to the frame and cure every little thing that has bothered me that can't be done w the bike assembled.Heads,cams,crank,pistons,custom painted frame w LED brackets welded on and of course all the rest of the fasteners that need to be chromed or replaced w SS.Brembo brakes,chrome tree clamps and on and on and............
Like my Dad used to say,God rest his soul......It's only money for Christs sake!

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
jacothedog said:

Don't go to kc is all I gotta say, from what I was told about others in the past showing up with a stock bike one year and the next was all bling bling, it happened to me :banghead: I think there is something in the water at basswood.

·
Registered
452 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Don't go to kc is all I gotta say, from what I was told about others in the past showing up with a stock bike one year and the next was all bling bling, it happened to me :banghead: I think there is something in the water at basswood.
I think if I were to show up at KC with my somewhat boring stock bike I would feel like the red headed step child. :bolt

·
Registered
922 Posts
It starts small and then starts to build in momentum. First I added a new seat. Then the mirrors and that annoying gap between the mufflers and the third volume. After doing the Rick's tank I think I'm in a full force slide. Next its gonna be the 240 rear tire mod :D

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
texrod said:
I think if I were to show up at KC with my somewhat boring stock bike I would feel like the red headed step child. :bolt
Nah, you will be to busy drooling over the other bikes to care about anything else.

·
Registered
452 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Nah, you will be to busy drooling over the other bikes to care about anything else.
Right! I'd probably be thinking about how much I could sell my boat, waverunner and dirtbike for to "show those guys" next year!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Took long enough to talk the old lady into just the bike, it might be awhile till I get more mods for my bike. Thats 1 reason i bought used, it came w/most of the mods I wanted.:)

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
atleast this addiction wont come up hot for HGH or will it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts