Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Is this a mod for lowering shocks? I had 12 412`s on mine and with not much tire left, i still have a groove in it. I was going to rip it apart in the winter, but if v-mod sells them for 45, im not even wasting my time trying to mod it myself.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Your inner fender is different than a stock bikes. Pull out your inner fender supports and replace your upper shock bolt nut with that from a stock A or B pre 07 and you should be good to go.

·
Alretired
126 Posts
I'm running 11.5" Smooth rides and not only had to remove the inner fender supports, but also take about 1/4" off the inner fender on my SE2. I have stop blocks @ 10.5" but they are not solid and I needed the extra removed to keep from rubbing. I do not ride 2 up so don't know what that would change.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
According to progressive if you look at their tec sheet it says the 440's will only compress to 10.38 inches, whether they are 11's or 12's. So that should be your eye hole to eye hole measurement. If you are thinking of going progressives.

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was for the smaller fender. I have to get another set of shocks anyways, those 412s are way too soft. I feel like im riding my fatboy with them on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts