203 Posts
Here are my. They were custom made for my 03 VRSCA

DTHDOC said:
check out the bars on the Street Bob!

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
After the apes, you can add some fringe, pipes that shoot way up in the air, incredibly tall sissy bar, some "ride to live live to ride" pieces and heck, why not just convert it to air cooled?!?:stilpoke:

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
jacothedog said:
After the apes, you can add some fringe, pipes that shoot way up in the air, incredibly tall sissy bar, some "ride to live live to ride" pieces and heck, why not just convert it to air cooled?!?:stilpoke:

My thoughts exactly. If you want apes then why did you buy a V-rod in the first place. I know everyone has their own taste but come on please don't defile the bike.

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
jacothedog said:
To each their own, its his bike. Anyway he is looking for moderate apehangers, Georges look pretty good on his bike. Anyway, you guys with the non-DX drag bars seem like apehangers to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul DX said:
My thoughts exactly. If you want apes then why did you buy a V-rod in the first place. I know everyone has their own taste but come on please don't defile the bike.
Sorry Paul, didn't mean to offend you. I failed to realize the V was designed around the bars and changing them would force you to think outside of the box which are apparently so comfortable in. Fortunately for several of the detractors seen here I am on the opposite side of the States from you. So the odds of you ever having to endure the site of a guy who is 6'4" riding a v with bars having risers larger than stock is substantialy reduced. Now you can sleep better at night and I can continue to 'defile' my ride until I am happy with it. Have a nice Day!

·
Registered
460 Posts
PsychoDan said:
Sorry Paul, didn't mean to offend you. I failed to realize the V was designed around the bars and changing them would force you to think outside of the box which are apparently so comfortable in. Fortunately for several of the detractors seen here I am on the opposite side of the States from you. So the odds of you ever having to endure the site of a guy who is 6'4" riding a v with bars having risers larger than stock is substantialy reduced. Now you can sleep better at night and I can continue to 'defile' my ride until I am happy with it. Have a nice Day!
Hey Dan - was kidding, of course. Not a detractor here at all - get the bars!!!:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
It handles very well. The best cruiser I have ever had. The Apes are much more natural to VRod than sport bars.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
Dan, don't worry! That subject ALWAYS seems to bring out the haters. It's your bike do what you want. Check my gallery. I have had some dyna bars on mine for about 2 years and love them. The handling is still fine for me and the longer rides are much more comfortable. I have thought about going with the drags, but my 5'7" body is stretched out too far.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
PsychoDan said:

No offense taking here. You taste are not the same as mine but hey that's okay. Do what you want it's your money and bike but just remember that when you post on a public forum you are going to get everyone's opinion so don't let it ruffle your feathers. Ape hangers or not I'd still be happy to share a cold beverage with any fellow V-Roder so if we ever meet I'm buying.:cheers:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I had just asked about apes too and didn't get many people agreeing with me :hmm:

there is some good info on this thread and the member cheatin actually has a contact that could set you up. The thread got a little off topic but if you just skip all the nonsence there some good info. here's my thread about it....

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77642

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
PsychoDan said:
Thanks DTHDOC and George, that's pretty much what I am looking for.
They should bolt right on, you will just have to change the brake, clutch and throttle lines.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
jacothedog said:
And dont forget to strap it down on a trailer too!:spank:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts