Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ernest
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for asking an exhaust questions. However, i came up empty on a forum search. Can anyone tell me if SE slip-ons can be modded? and the bigger question is do they sound any different than stock modded pipes? I like the stock look of the exhaust so i'm limited to but i'm wanting a better, slightly louder sound than what the stock modded pipes are giving me now.
Any advise is appreciated as you well know I'd be pissing anyway $500+ dollars if I have a new set the SE slip-ons modded. I used them for about 200 miles and pulled them off after the stock pipes were modded by BPP.

·
Registered
484 Posts
:them:
The SE modded pipes sound good under hard throttle, but very quiet at idle. I had both and sold the SE's. Can't beat the stock mods imo. Nice deep tone and loud but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I like the modded SE ones much better than the moddes stock ones. Its just a great combination of power and sound. Just enough noise to make you feel like you are not riding a sewing machine but not so loud you bleed from your ears. And the power added is one of the best.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I too prefer the moded SE's over the stock mod. On a long ride the stock mod loudness got old after a while. The SE mod has a nice deep tone on a long highway speed trip and a loud growl when you jump on it! Best of both worlds.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
has anyone done slip ons like these

these are h-d slip-ons they make less noise at an idle and wot than the factory mufflers.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts