Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called the dealer and they are ordering the 28 tooth gear kit, high flow air filter, SE slip-ons, and the required ECM soft load. Does anyone know the preformance gain over stock? Hoping to get some more punch off the line since this seems to be the V-Rod weakest category. Also any other low cost power upgrade suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Running topless and make sure they flash for it along with what you are doing should yield the best bang for the buck combo. Stock should be around 103hp while the se slip ons with filter and flash gives me 110 and running topless adds another 2-3hp and then the 28 tooth really wakes up the lower end.

Max

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max said:
Running topless and make sure they flash for it along with what you are doing should yield the best bang for the buck combo. Stock should be around 103hp while the se slip ons with filter and flash gives me 110 and running topless adds another 2-3hp and then the 28 tooth really wakes up the lower end.

Max
Sorry not familar with the term "topless". Could you elborate on that? Thanks for the specs and quick response. I can't wait for this mod to be done.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Topess means to run with the top of the air cleaner removed. The intake of the air cleaner seems to be a restriction and HD offers a flash to compensate for running this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts