Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 V-Rod with H-A-R-L-E-Y D-A-V-I-D-S-O-N spelled actoss each side of the tank in chrome letters. They tend to fall off spontaneously. I am now missing two. My dealer says I have to buy a new tank. Does anyone know where I can get isloated replacement letters cheaper?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
greenbike58 said:
I have a '04 V-Rod with H-A-R-L-E-Y D-A-V-I-D-S-O-N spelled actoss each side of the tank in chrome letters. They tend to fall off spontaneously. I am now missing two. My dealer says I have to buy a new tank. Does anyone know where I can get isloated replacement letters cheaper?
A whole tank!!!! Why am I not surprised. Surely he is trying to bend you over.:spank:

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
I had a few fall off as well. I opted to just remove all of them. I think it gives it a much "smoother" look.:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ha ... what a scam.

They are $75.00 (which is still a ripoff)

I "superglued" mine on because they kept falling off. Maybe not the best, but I still have them.

The more knowledgable guys on the forums probably have a better way.

Not only that, the tank is under the seat!

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Not only that, the tank is under the seat![/QUOTE]

The dealers don't know that!!!!!!!!! It's our little secret.......

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
You can buy them for $42 ($84 for the pair) at Zanotti's. Part numbers 62791-04 and 62792-04 (left and right)

I made my own up with brushed aluminum vinyl along with a black vinyl shadow. I like them better since they don't catch on my cleaning cloth and it's easier to clean around them. It also looks sort of like they are etched.
I'll make up a pair just like these if you want for $50 shipped. I could do any color including chrome.

If you want I'll post a clearer picture to show the aluminum grain.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
greenbike58 said:
i,ve got some i,ve peeled off a tank, pm me your address and i,ll send them by mail,you can have them.
you,ll need to stick them on with double sided tape , that was stuck to the tank and didnt make it...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Wont any missing letters be covered under the warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks for the many replies and sorry for being late to reply. The missing letter is the "I" in "Davidson" on riders left. If anyone has one, would same me some money. Please send to:

David Crippen
100 Emily Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15215

and I'll drop a little something nice back to you for your trouble.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
I had the same problem, and was riding a Harley-Davidso for a few months. My dealer thought it was ridiculous that I would have to buy the entire set, so they bought a set, gave me the N, and kept the rest thinking someone else may need a letter sometime in the future.

I guess I have a good dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Searching for chrome letters

I am looking for the letter H for my husband vrod and can't find it any where, can anyone direct me where to go, or have letters available?

Attachments

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
I'm missing a Y... It doesn't really bother me that much since everyone says it isn't a Harley anyway... now it's a HARLE

Anyway, yeah, you gotta buy the complete set.. the part numbers are in a previous post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can buy them for $42 ($84 for the pair) at Zanotti's. Part numbers 62791-04 and 62792-04 (left and right)

I made my own up with brushed aluminum vinyl along with a black vinyl shadow. I like them better since they don't catch on my cleaning cloth and it's easier to clean around them. It also looks sort of like they are etched.
I'll make up a pair just like these if you want for $50 shipped. I could do any color including chrome.

If you want I'll post a clearer picture to show the aluminum grain.
I know you posted this a looking time ago. Any chance your still selling g the stickers? I lost an "s", but like yours MUCH better!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts