Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

i just bougt a pair of Harley saddle bags and the seller didn’t find the front mountings #20 on the picture below. So I wonder if anyone could give me some measures of it so I can let someone build them for me. According to the installation instructions they are not sold separately.

Thanks in Advance
/Henrik

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
I just mount bags to my '02 yesterday and had the same problem. I fixed mine by cutting two pieces of flat steel (one for each side) about 108mm long, drilled two holes in each about 83mm apart in each. If you take off the rear fender you'll see a threaded hole that you can use as an anchor point. Cheap and simple fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,

so you just use a bolt inthe original spring mount shown below?

Cheers
/Henrik

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
I didn't need to touch the shock bolts. There is a threaded hole in the frame just a little back from there the shock mount. Pull the rear fender off and you will see them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't need to touch the shock bolts. There is a threaded hole in the frame just a little back from there the shock mount. Pull the rear fender off and you will see them.
Thanks,
I will take a look at the end of the week. :)

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
I make something that works well and have sold them to many members here. However with the trip across the pond what I can do is email you a drawing that you can take to a shop and have some made there. PM me an email address and I'll send you a drawing. I'm including pictures here for your review. It utilizes the stock upper shock nut, which keys to a recess on the back side and allows it to tighten easily without fiddling with a wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW! Really nice work! And I thought I was the only one missing these mountings.
I will PM you.
Thank you all for the help with this. 🤘

1 - 8 of 8 Posts