Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a ride last night with a new pair of shoes and was expierencing alot of ill shifting.It was my new shoes.I didn't have the right feel for the peg or the shifter.Just thought I'd mention this for some who might have shifting problems still. :mrgr:

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I MUST ride with shoes where the sole of the shoe comes out past the actual shoe/ foot covering. I shift with the lip of the shoe sole vs. the entire toe of my shoe. Just more comfortable for me. On those rare occasions that I don't wear the proper shoes... that happens to me a lot too, Al!
Mike

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
I rode with my winter flying boots on a couple weeks ago. They were a lot thicker than what I am used to riding with. My foot barely fit between the peg and the shift pedal, so I had to shift with the front sole of the boot...definitely different and tough for me to get used to.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of that too.I'm waiting for some longer ends so that I can adapt a dyna spiral shift linkage from Landmark.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
974 Posts
pic

I'll wait for my feet to grow.........

When I wear my work boots that used to happen.
I removed the shifter and raised it one tooth on the spline.
OK now , but when I ride barefoot(just kidding)

Seriously though it worked for me.

BobT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I had to rotate the pegs forward in order to fit the WESCOs. They have a lugged sole that my Fryes don't have. I have since riden with the Fryes and haven't had any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts