Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyones bike pop and miss at a steady speed around 3K? I thought it was only my bike but a friend says his does it too. What about everyone else?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
What changes have you made to the bike.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Steady

My B is smooth and steady at all speeds. Rod-on Dar

·
Registered
454 Posts
There is a typical flat spot around that rpm that can worsen if you have a mis-tuned fuel management system.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Max, all I have is a PC 3 and V-Mods with a K&N. Im running a 20 map. It runs like crap completely stock. I returned it to stock and let the dealer look at it and they found a bare spot in the harness.

·
Simple Pleasures
81 Posts
I have the same mods on my 06' R with the addition of a modified top. Even before my mods, the stock set-up was way lean, and had some flat-spots. I could be cruising at 60mph (around 4k rpm) and it would just miss a beat. I got my PC3 from V-Mod, and they pre-installed their map in it. I didn't like it because it ran too rich, blowing soot under a heavy load. I downloaded the latest from Dynojet and installed it, and it runs great (leaner overall map). Try it.

Schinde

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Schinde said:
I have the same mods on my 06' R with the addition of a modified top. Even before my mods, the stock set-up was way lean, and had some flat-spots. I could be cruising at 60mph (around 4k rpm) and it would just miss a beat. I got my PC3 from V-Mod, and they pre-installed their map in it. I didn't like it because it ran too rich, blowing soot under a heavy load. I downloaded the latest from Dynojet and installed it, and it runs great (leaner overall map). Try it.

Schinde
Do you know witch map it was?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I rode the gap yesterday and the bike is running like crap. Its gotten so bad that it idols pretty rough and cuts off. Any low speed driving and its almost unrideable. Whats could it be? Bad ECM or bad Power Commander or bad map.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
I have the same problem, 2700 to 3100 rpm, but only when the weather is below 70 degrees. I don't have a solution for it, and forgot about it during the summer, but the other day it reappeared. Anyone got a clue? Completely stock mechanically. No fueler, no pipe mods.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
parkus said:
Are you still running the PCIII? Did you set the throttle position?
Im still running the PC. I didnt set the throttle pos. I did load a modified 20 map and enabled the accelerator pump feature. It took care of the low speed stuff and all I can see right now is the flat spot at 3k.

·
Simple Pleasures
81 Posts
street rodder said:
Im still running the PC. I didnt set the throttle pos. I did load a modified 20 map and enabled the accelerator pump feature. It took care of the low speed stuff and all I can see right now is the flat spot at 3k.
Sorry for the delay in getting you a response... I'm running M809-020 off the DynoJet site.

Schinde

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
street rodder said:
I rode the gap yesterday and the bike is running like crap. Its gotten so bad that it idols pretty rough and cuts off. Any low speed driving and its almost unrideable. Whats could it be? Bad ECM or bad Power Commander or bad map.

Sorry to read this late. I hate to say this but if there was a bare spot in the harness causing any kind of problem it should have set a code. It should have had a check engine light associated with a code. The bikes run lean from the factory starting in 06 from what I have seen, some badly lean.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
ha ha ha ha missing and stuttering hell thats what i do when i get drunk

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
I have this same "sputter" at around 3100 3200 RPM and I'm running a PCIII (with the map RJ sent me), topless, vmodded pipes, K&N filter, and LED's lol

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
ps, how do you set throttle position?

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Mine mumbles and complains when ever i take the trailblazer to work

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Im currently running Todd Richardsons moded .20 map. That helped a lot, I still have that flat spot at 3k. Its rideable at low speeds. I also enabled the accelerator pump function on the PC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts