Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to checking the wheel alignment on my D model.

Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow right!

I was shocked!!!! I knew it was off a bit because when I let go of the handlebars it would lean/turn left.I had no idea how far though, turned out to be slightly over an inch!!!!!

I got it within 1/8" now and the difference is remarkable. The bike is even noticably easier to push around now! Turn loose of the bars and it tracks straight too, imagine that!

Here's a couple pics, more here, http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/bigjames4xl/alignment adjustment/

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
So how do you adjust it?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how do you adjust it?
In this case I used a 3/16" spacer(washer)to move the drive side of the axle back and leaving the other side against the cam plate which changed the centerline of the rear wheel to bring things in line. I may have to modify the cam plate on the drive side to keep it there but so far the axle nut tightened to spec is holding it in place. The pulley may need adjustment too now but after a short ride it seems to be ok.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had the same experience on my VRSCR and wedged a small flat washer in to move the clutch side just enough to align the wheels perfect. I wonder how many other bikes are nor aligned right from the factory???:spank:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts