Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a set of extended reach mirrors, getting a bit tired of looking at my arms??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Drag bar? I put black Sportster bars on mine and bought signal mirrors from HD, I can now see behind me quite well. If you have drag bars you may want to check out bar end mirrors from Joker.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bar end is the way to go.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I use the little tear drop mirrors that are usually called 'golf club' mirrors and adjust them to view the grills of cars in either lane to the side. Then, with just a tilt of my head I can see directly behind me from either side. Works for me! And they look good on the V, too.:)

·
Motorboatin SumBitch
525 Posts
I flipped my mirrors over upside down and it is now an unobstructed view behind all the time. Way better than before.
x2, but changed them to the muscle mirrors that I painted black so I killed a couple birds with one stone: First I now have a clear unobstructed view, second The signals in the stems eliminate the turn signals that hang below the bars on a stock DX and third, well they're black!!

Image 15.jpg

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I use the little tear drop mirrors that are usually called 'golf club' mirrors and adjust them to view the grills of cars in either lane to the side. Then, with just a tilt of my head I can see directly behind me from either side. Works for me! And they look good on the V, too.:)
:them:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I scored a set of the indicators that go around the forks cheap off a mate, so flipped my std mirrors, surprisingly good view and makes the bike look quite different. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hei.
I extended/welded the stem 2 inch/6 cm on my dx.
Also heated & bended the stem closer to the grips.
Cost= free..
Knut.
I'm loving that rear fender - I assume that you welded a plate over the tail light cut out ?

I'm hoping to do the same thing - but what are you running for a tail light ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
x2, but changed them to the muscle mirrors that I painted black so I killed a couple birds with one stone: First I now have a clear unobstructed view, second The signals in the stems eliminate the turn signals that hang below the bars on a stock DX and third, well they're black!!

View attachment 183673
That's sweet lookin, where can I find a set like that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Motorboatin SumBitch
525 Posts
That's sweet lookin, where can I find a set like that?

Bought mine from the stealership and painted them black. They are the stock muscle mirrors so keep an eye on the classifieds here. They sell them on eBay but I don't trust the seller.

·
Motorboatin SumBitch
525 Posts
I had my rear fender painted at the same time by a car/bike painter so I'd imagine automotive paint. You could probably mask them, scuff them and use a rattle can. I've heard guys powdercoating them but I didn't want to deal with removing the led's.

·
Motorboatin SumBitch
525 Posts
Last question, how was the wiring for the leds?

The new mirrors are only two wire instead of the three wire that the stock 11' turn signals were because they were also running lights were as the new are only turn signals. It was plug and play besides the addition of a load equalizer because my rear brake/turn signal is also led.

The wires come out the top of the stalk that I put a little 90* rubber boot on to somewhat hide the wires. The wires also have black heat shrink on them. I have heard others drill a hole in the stem/stalk to fish the wires out before the wires exit the end of the stalk, this is how I decided to do it. This is unfortunately a little pricey way to go but IMO it looks slick.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts