Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

it is time to increase rear visibility. The stock mirrors is no good!

Any suggestiones out there?

Thanks

Jim

06 vrscr

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Long Stem Tapered Mirrors move the mirror out about 2 inches on each side.
Black -> 91909-03A (right) and 91910-03A (left)
Chrome -> 91846-03A (right) and 91848-03A (left)

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I use and still like the golf club mirrors; they are inexpensive, and look good. They are small, but all you need to see are those Dodge RAM goats in the next lane anyway. They are low and wide and allow you to look around your shoulders and arms. If you don't like those, Joker Machine makes some rectangular ones that are also low and wide and look great on a DX (yes, they are black).

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
i use and still like the golf club mirrors; they are inexpensive, and look good. They are small, but all you need to see are those dodge ram goats in the next lane anyway. They are low and wide and allow you to look around your shoulders and arms. If you don't like those, joker machine makes some rectangular ones that are also low and wide and look great on a dx (yes, they are black).
i've read that the chrome is not that good in some versions of these mirrors, which "brand" do you have?

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
i've read that the chrome is not that good in some versions of these mirrors, which "brand" do you have?
My mirrors are about 7 years old and still look pretty good, minus the gravel scratches and such (flying gravel, not on-the-ground gravel). No chipping, peeling, fading. I can't remember for sure (I'm old you know) but I believe I bought them from V-mod.

Note: these are not the $500 Cyclevision version with the solid stalk and adjustable glass, these have a joint in them which allow adjustment. Mine cost < $60. I'd love to have the solid stalk version 'cause it pisses me off when somebody bumps the mirror and leaves it looking at the sky or something, but I havent' been able to get around the price tag yet. Some day, maybe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I ended up getting the HD tribals for my SE when I found out the Moco had discontinued the stock ones and it'd be a while before they could get them reinstated. Not only do the tribals look badass, they function better than the stockers did. :D

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
:them: and also the mirror extenders .. Look in my gallery to see what they look like on an R.

·
Dean
775 Posts
I went with the Kuryakan Sythe II mirrors. They are somewhat low profile and you can see around your shoulders.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I went with the Kuryakan Sythe II mirrors. They are somewhat low profile and you can see around your shoulders.
Pics, We Want PICS!!!

·
Dean
775 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used BK Rider LED mirrors, remove the front turn signals, mount the mirrors upside down and you have great visibility. You are sitting forward anyway so looking down at the mirrors is no problem. I too dumb to isert pictures but I can send you some if you would like.

·
Dean
775 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those Kuryakan Sythe II are very nice. Do they stand in position in 100 mph?

Thank you very mutch for the pic's!

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Del, I am still trying to figure out the pic's thing in the reply area. There is 1 pic at #408 in the VRSCR registry (last page). I just joined!
T

1 - 20 of 41 Posts