Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stems on my mirrors are too short and the mirrors aren't wide enough for me to see around my shoulders. I have a beautiful set of mirrors but they don't cut it. What are viable options for mirrors that extend out farther but look good. I don't want to compromise looks and I dont want the mirrors on th ends of the bars or under the bars. Basically looking for a great loking mirror with a stem that is longer laterally noy vertically. HD, Arlen Ness or any brand with quality chrome. Any ideas?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Bar end mirrors are the best option if the standards won't do. Most all are about 7" from stem to mirror tips, I looked hard at the aftermarket mirroes but ignored the all the BS flame and skull types.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
On my night rod I used the Harley mirror extenders. These raised the whole mirror up two inches. They blend in and work well. Kuryakin (spelling) make bent riser to move up and out, sorry don't have the model number for it.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem on my "R" and went with golf club mirrors... not very large but they are wider and its an improvement. Another member I know put these extenders on his and said it solved his problem.

http://gradysmirrorextenders.com/
Grady is quite proud of the things. Not to sure I want the look but I know they would work. However I would build my own and pay to chrome them, but thanks anyway.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cannot believe that as long as this has been a problem for anyone wearing larger than a 42 jacket that an aftermarket company or HD has'nt made a set of mirrors for this purpose. Wouldn't it be considered negligence to sell a bike to a person that the dealer knows comes with mirrors that are defective. Ray Charles could have seen more out of my mirrors than I can. It is w/o question a safety hazard while riding when you cannot keep a clear view of the road behind you. Otherwise mirrors would not be required by state inspection laws. Okay, I got that out of my system.:soapbox:

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
What did you end up doing? I had no problem seeing out of my F mirrors, but I recently bought a new DX and the mirrors are worthless for me. Doing some searching, kicking this to the top.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
several companies make mirror extenders. Pingel comes to mind as does Koubalink

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Grady may be proud of them but they definitely get the mirror up and out. Worth every penny, pics somewhere in my gallery.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I made my own. Never sold a set but if you are interested let me know. I extended mine out a bunch and have no problems...

you could design whatever you wanted. The only thing is that you would have to send it to chrome. I would get it to you fully polished...

The pic is before I polished it...

-Keith

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
The stems on my mirrors are too short and the mirrors aren't wide enough for me to see around my shoulders. I have a beautiful set of mirrors but they don't cut it. What are viable options for mirrors that extend out farther but look good. I don't want to compromise looks and I dont want the mirrors on th ends of the bars or under the bars. Basically looking for a great loking mirror with a stem that is longer laterally noy vertically. HD, Arlen Ness or any brand with quality chrome. Any ideas?
Go here: http://www.debrix.com/Mirror-Mounts-and-Stems-s/179.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts