Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , i have a 2010 F and want to know how hard (or easy) it is to flip the mirrors down , and if legal to do so in Australia ( because of turn signals)...... Any one with photos of this would be appreciated , Cheers Paul ...... i have seen it somewhere before and think looks great:D

·
Work in Progress.
448 Posts
Don't think it is a problem here with mirrors inverted. Seen a thread about it here, do a search and you should find it. They used acorn nuts and drilled them out to get the wire through and put it through the switch housings. Looked alright but l don't like the idea of the wire exposed like that as it could get pinched against something and break your connection.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
I have flipped mine. Not too hard to do just be patient doing it and make sure you use a pull wire (pull a wire or string) into the handle bars when you pull out the mirror wires would probably be pretty difficult to feed the wires through the bars without it...I also used some heat shrink (did not shrink it down so it kept its gloss appearance) to help protect my wires from the elements.
here is the thread with photos...and yes there have been many threads on this mod. Some people have had problems taking the plug apart and getting the mirrors working again. I just cut and soldered everthing and heat shrink when done.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142973

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers Guys , think looks pretty cool.. will see how it goes .. fitting a rear number plate tidy this week , should look great

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Nice job. I am sick of looking at my elbows! Joe

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Mine r flipped Check it!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
+1 for the Mirror flip Mod :D Awesome visibility and the bike just looks cooler that way, took me a little bit to get use to, always wanting to look "up" after a few miles it works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts