Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can I find the topic about moving the mirrors down ..... including changing the wires

i can not find it anymore...... sorry... :p

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
See if this link is what you were looking for.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have done the mod and love it. Its hard to see for me being 6'3'' but that is why we have a neck to turn and look around if needed. I also painted my mirrors black when I did this.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used a gloss black engine paint. good old rattle can and did the stems and mirrors separate and took some time masking the leds and mirror befor paint. Used 3 coats, 2 would of been fine but made a finger print so had to sand that out and add one more coat.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Looks nice, PHX! Good job.

·
RIDE HARD!!
91 Posts
AWESOME!! i love it! where can i get those grips and mirrors? i was wondering, how can i just do my stock mirrors like that? can i just make a simple snip and add extra wire?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Grips and Pegs are from a local Phoenix company called SMT Machining. I also have a rim from them put on the bike now. Update since the pic I now have from Ghost Rider Customs the Blade Levers on the bike but going to sand them down and re powder coat them gloss black and leave the edge undone to give it more of a blade look. See new pic and more to come bike is in paint right now.

Attachments

·
Apprentice Poser
427 Posts
I have done the mod and love it. Its hard to see for me being 6'3'' but that is why we have a neck to turn and look around if needed. I also painted my mirrors black when I did this.
Not only is this a truly beautiful machine, you get highest props in taste and execution in its construction. I commend you on the time, cash, thoughtfulness, and love you've put into it. I would however change out the grips, pegs and levers if it became mine. To date, yours is the only V-Rod Bagger I'd ride (I'm a throw a dufflebag on the back of anything guy). Thanks for sharing it with me and the rest of us.
:notworth:

As for the mirrors, I've either got to look at my shoulders taking up half the glass or look at the ditch on the right and the lane to my left. I'm going to extend my stems because I prefer for my eyes not to wander as far off the road ahead as it would require to glance at flips....and I'm just 6'-1".

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
I prefer for my eyes not to wander as far off the road ahead as it would require to glance at flips....and I'm just 6'-1".
I'm 6'3" and after sitting on Ripson's bike w/flipped mirrors, it seems as though you loose a lot more of your straight-ahead, line-of-site 'view' while you check your mirrors :(
EDIT: oops! sorry bikerinphx- I forgot to say what you did does look awesome, and if I do flip mine, I am doing them like yours-good job!!:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
n9emz -- tkx for the props the bike is in paint getting some things powder coated gloss black and my rims put on finaly while he is working on some ghost tribal work and women in the paint. More to come soon. May be another 2 weeks but will upload pics as soon as its done and back in one pice.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
sounds awesome and cant wait to see it ... cheers for the tips on painting mirrors too ..

·
Speed Demon
3 Posts
Bags!!

hey I like the flipped mirrors, but I love the bags.. Who makes them or do you have a part number?

·
Departed the Fix.
5,200 Posts
I love the bags.. Who makes them or do you have a part number?
Standard F bags. They're not bad-- although they don't lock and they're not quite as big inside as you'd think.

I think I saw a pair for sale in the Classified's recently?

They're designed to be permanently mounted, but there's a way around that-- a fairly minor modification (to the bags, not the bike), and they become easy on/off models (takes about 15-20 minutes).

R.

·
I fly lower now...
1,578 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts