Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on changing my mirrors, do I have to add and relocate turn signals. Will there be a problem with not having front turn signals? Will the rear still operate properly? What do you think is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I plan on changing my mirrors, do I have to add and relocate turn signals. Will there be a problem with not having front turn signals? Will the rear still operate properly? What do you think is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for your time.
I'll be watching your threat as I may be doing the same on mine. Now the mirror is flopping around because that swivel bearing directly connected to it is loose. I'd be happy to spend the same as replacement mirrors, as long as they don't keep on getting loose, breaking, or cracking it is a worth while investment. I would like to see what options there are and keep some type of small turn signals.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Check with your state police as hand signals may be allowed.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turn signals I plan on getting are the leds that go around the front fork, I saw them at gr customs. Havent decided what mirrors to go with yet though.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you don't HAVE to have front signals, but DOT dictates that you must have front marker lights. Quite possible that your state DOT requires front signals as well as front markers. The rear signals should continue to function normally when the fronts are removed and or swapped out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts