Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should have it by the weekend---denim wth vivid stripes. Couldn't be more excited:angeldev:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
mikez said:
i should have it by the weekend---denim wth vivid stripes. Couldn't be more excited:angeldev:
Bet ya can, just wait til you WOT.....:angeldev:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm starting to think that should hold off and see if the 2008 dx has abs......i have an 02 vrod now that i love that i am going to keep and not trade in..

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
If you have an 02 wait then and look at the 08 there will be at least some different color options, that alone would make me wait..

·
Registered
488 Posts
hehe... I know what you're feeling right now ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
mikez said:
i'm starting to think that should hold off and see if the 2008 dx has abs......i have an 02 vrod now that i love that i am going to keep and not trade in..
The 08 WILL have a 1250 on all models and an option for ABS.

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
mikez said:
i'm starting to think that should hold off and see if the 2008 dx has abs......
I've heard that the 09's are going to be even better, perhaps you should wait till then. There will always be something better around the next corner, if you keep waiting, you'll never get one. I couldn't wait a minute longer when I saw mine over the Christmas holidays. A present to myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
mikez said:
that has already been confirmed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have at least a day to decide what i am doing--but i am thinking that abs and 1250 is worth a two month wait. Has anyone heard anything about prices for 08s??

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Dealer meeting & new model announcements are in like a week or 10 days. All speculation proved or disproved then.

But I think it's a safe bet on the 1250 and the ABS option, given the CARB filings circulating online. Color options appear likely as well.

The risk to waiting is that the 07 gets sold before the announcement, and of course however long it takes for your 08 to arrive. But I'm simply stating the obvious now, so I'll stop here :)

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts

I would love to have an 08 model. I have an 05 A model now. My thing on the brand new 08's is that when a new bike comes out with changes, the aftermarket parts/replacement items seem to take quite some time to be available/updated to fit the new bikes. It seems I have been reading where there are still a few things that are not available for the 07 DX. For me, I am going to continue modding my 05 until Im satisfied that I would have no problems getting what I want for the new one. I know that the aftermarket companies are continually working on new parts, I just dont like to wait any longer than I have to. Being on backorder is one thing, not made yet is another LOL

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
biggest downfall of the 08s will be that it looks like there is an 02 sensor on the new 1247cc motor/pipes...which is exactly what they did to the airhead motors last year....so even though we get more ccs we might get no more HP or very little....

also,the previous aftermarket exhausts will not work,since Rods didnt have any 02 sensors prior to 08....

but,who knows for sure till we see them actually next monday after the dealer meeting...I was told there will be 08 models ON THE FLOOR possibly as early as the same day!...

If you want and 08...you should let your dealer know,so he has your name down...who knows,but if they get one or two rods on that first shipment...you may be lucky to see the color and model you want....but if not,you might have to order and wait till next shipment which is probably october arrival....

this is my exact predicament!....

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts