Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marina Del Rey, CA (PRWEB) October 27, 2010

Glenn Alan Bartels (AKA The Los Angeles Scooter Guru) teams up with Artist Jack Armstrong (called the "LAST WIZARD" by Andy Warhol) to unveil the world's first million dollar Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Bartels' Harley-Davidson (Dealer to the Stars), hosted the celebrity filled event.

The official world press red carpet event drew standing room only and stopped traffic on Lincoln Blvd., as Armstrong's "Cosmic Starship" landed from outer space. Actor Lorenzo Lamas ignited the 1250cc V-Rod engine and rode Armstrong's creation into Bartels' main showroom, where it will be on display for the remainder of the month. Event Photos

"What an incredible opportunity to be able to work with an artist of Jack's caliber," explains Bartels. "I love Jack's Cosmic Extensionalism applied to the Harley-Davidson® V-Rod?. This is the most futuristic motorcycle from The Motor Company, and Jack Armstrong has painted it to appear as if it has literally dropped down from outer space," states Bartels.

About Bartels' Harley-Davidson; Bartels' Harley has been a family run Harley dealer to the stars since 1983. Glenn Alan Bartels (fourth born of Bill Bartels' six sons), an avid art collector, operates Bartels' Route 66 Cycle Boutique, whose private collection feature vintage roadsters, motorcycles, Vespa scooters, and bicycles for sale to the public.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/10/27/prwebprweb4698404.DTL#ixzz13bGKU0G9

·
Registered
164 Posts
no disrespect to the artist but i will save the extra $985,000 and stick to a nice 2011 model for $15k. and even better... stay the hell away from the hollywood starbucks crowd. to each his own.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
WTF just happened. It looks like Ronald McDonald to a shit on that bike. Somebody should kick that guys ass.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
A un-funny one at that.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Before i scrolled down to see everyones post, I was thinkin YOU GOT TO BE CHITIN ME there must be something i'm missing here and I see i'm not the only one thinking this. WOW!.

Ronald McDonald.......LMAO

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
LOL....all the replies so for....LOL

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Looks like it was bring your pre-schooler to work day and Dad works in a paint booth.

Mickey-D's I'm not lovin it.

Dose look like a dollar menu burger when you pull the bun off with the ketchup and mustard.

Didnt a few years back some Mid Eastern oil tycoon buy a DX for almost 1,000,000. I searched for the post but couldnt find it.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Marina Del Rey, CA (PRWEB) October 27, 2010

Glenn Alan Bartels (AKA The Los Angeles Scooter Guru) teams up with Artist Jack Armstrong (called the "LAST WIZARD" by Andy Warhol) to unveil the world's first million dollar Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Bartels' Harley-Davidson (Dealer to the Stars), hosted the celebrity filled event.

The official world press red carpet event drew standing room only and stopped traffic on Lincoln Blvd., as Armstrong's "Cosmic Starship" landed from outer space. Actor Lorenzo Lamas ignited the 1250cc V-Rod engine and rode Armstrong's creation into Bartels' main showroom, where it will be on display for the remainder of the month. Event Photos

"What an incredible opportunity to be able to work with an artist of Jack's caliber," explains Bartels. "I love Jack's Cosmic Extensionalism applied to the Harley-Davidson® V-Rod?. This is the most futuristic motorcycle from The Motor Company, and Jack Armstrong has painted it to appear as if it has literally dropped down from outer space," states Bartels.

About Bartels' Harley-Davidson; Bartels' Harley has been a family run Harley dealer to the stars since 1983. Glenn Alan Bartels (fourth born of Bill Bartels' six sons), an avid art collector, operates Bartels' Route 66 Cycle Boutique, whose private collection feature vintage roadsters, motorcycles, Vespa scooters, and bicycles for sale to the public.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/10/27/prwebprweb4698404.DTL#ixzz13bGKU0G9

:lamer:

Holy crap Frank, with all the celebrity, designer and artists involved, red carpet, press, news, cameras and publicity this has to be the ultimate bike for Lux. Fockin' ay he can drop names and blow smoke forever.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Alternative review here: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/jack-armstrong-million-dollar-harley-davidson/

Jack Armstrong’s “Million Dollar Harley-Davidson” – Further Proof You Can’t Buy Taste
Share8
5retweet
Posted Monday, October 25th, 2010 @ 2:34 pm, by Jensen Beeler

I suffered through four semesters of art history classes in college (thanks general education requirements!) to realize two big things about art: 1) never date a painter or anyone that refers to themselves as an “artiste”, and 2) aesthetics are subjective, and should be internally processed. So with that intro in mind, I hope you’ll see where we’re headed in this article when I tell you that this custom Harley-Davidson comes from an artist who describes his style as “Cosmic Extensionalism”, name drops Any Warhol seemingly at any given opportunity, and boasts of fastly becoming “The Most Famous Artist on the Planet”. Mmmmk…

Further proof that money can’t buy you taste, this lightly modded Harley-Davidson Night Rod, looks like the wrong end of a huevos rancheros breakfast special at Denny’s, which makes the $1,000,000 asking price seem more like a desperate cry for attention than an actual representation of the piece’s worth. The video below seems to support this theory, but if you disagree, I refer you to my two previously mentioned big takeaways regarding art found above.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
april fools? a halloween trick? WTF

I would say stuff is only worth what it SELLS for, not the asking price...

I'd love to see the follow up story when it does sell at some charity auction or whatever for LESS than a new vrod.... it's like vettes, and how doing things to a vette will ususally reduce the resale value, like swapping out the stock radio for a sony unit

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Terrible. What he fails to realize that just slapping a paint job, no matter how artistically hideous it is, does not constitute "art" in the motorcycle world. There needs to be fab done in order for a bike to be truly creative apart from its stock form. Ronald McDonald puke is quite fitting.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
for a million dollars I'd expect something more than stock focking mirrors. What a crime scene that is.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts