Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see a poll on # miles riden since aquiring bike.We have had V RODs on the road for 3 years now and this info my help some to know what to expect. Is any body over 30000. Might be interesting to know. I have 16,700 on a 02:biker:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Got mine last April, have 13k or so on it by now. The only real problem I've had was an oil leak from under the valve cover, but it was fixed under warranty.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have added 5100 miles since I bought by '03 from the dealer last March. It was their demo and had 3500 on it when purchased. Aside from a 16ga heat shield falling off (and being immediately replaced) absolutely no problems.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have an "03 that I got at the beginning of this year. It is put away for the winter with 10,030 miles.WI has about late,late March to early Nov to ride . I have had all the bearing replaced and the steering neck nut adjusted as per Kaz suggestion on a different forum. If I would have paid for the 5 bearings it would have been like 275 with labor.Whew !
BobT

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Picked it up in August and I have 2000 miles on it. Not many but above my average. I typically only ride about 3000 miles a year. Just weekends and maybe one or two days a month to work. One thing I have noticed, I WILL be riding more on the V-Rod than my previous bikes simply because it's more comfortable and a whole lot more fun.

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
Around 4,000 on the 'Rod (it's been sitting in the shop for the past 12 months while John deals with the warranty issues.) Fortunately, we have other bikes to ride.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Bought an '02 in August of last year. Just rolled over 10,500 miles on it. Its having the 10K service done while it is in winter storage.

I did put a new set of tires on at 10,000 miles; and its had a total of 7 oil changes since new. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, other than the "check engine" light coming on a couple of times. This turned out to be as a result of a low voltage condition - brought about by my own foolishness. I was using the "kill switch" to turn off the engine (as instructed to by the salesperson); rather than using the key. Since I changed my procedure, there have been no reoccurences.

I'm very happy with my V-Rod; and I'm looking forward to my next 10,000 miles on it.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
vroddrew said:
I've had no problems with it whatsoever, other than the "check engine" light coming on a couple of times. This turned out to be as a result of a low voltage condition - brought about by my own foolishness. I was using the "kill switch" to turn off the engine (as instructed to by the salesperson); rather than using the key. Since I changed my procedure, there have been no reoccurences.
Huh? My saleman told me to turn the bike off that way also...is that a problem?- Crash:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have put 6500 miles on my 03 since Halloween last year. No problems so far. I have put on a new rear tire and its gone thru 3 oil changes. I did not like the front end instability so I just put on a PM Trinity on the front with a chromed rear wheel exchange. Since there is 2 feet of snow here, I haven't been able to tell if this will improve the front end but, oh, does the bike shine now.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Here is what the 03 owners manual says about stopping the motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
I brought my '03 home on Sept. 19th, 2002. It now has 14,400 miles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Purchased the bike new in July '03 and it is the #2 bike in the "stable". 2500 miles, not nearly enough for how much I enjoy riding it! In total, I ride 20-22K per year.:biker:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Got my '03 in Aug.It has just under 2200miles.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Thanks Max..that's what I thought...still wondering what VRODdrew was doing differently...leaving the ignition switch on?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts