Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was over at new york mikes yestereday having my 2500 mile done. total price 128.84 with the oil change. they had a yellow v rod done up that was like the red one with the ape hangers. the thing that caught everyones eye was the rear end. it had a 280 fat tire on it. i just stared at it and so did everyone else and we all said that is just awsome looking. they let me sit on and oh my god it just felt different. the way the handle bars are is like night and day from the stock handle bars. the wheels were not spoke like the red one was thank god, i don't think it would have looked right with spoked wheels. the the swing arm was painted yellow (should have made it chromed my opinoin). it is for sale and when i asked them how much i almost dropped my helmet a whopping 37,000 i think he said. after my servicing was done i was taking a look at my bike and mike came up to me to make sure that everything was okay with my servicing. everything was good to go and away i went thinking on the ride home gee that 280 would look bad on my rod :kaz:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Pics! :slap: You were given me Wood Describing it! :eek: Sounds pretty Incredible! :thumb: Call me WEIRD, :rolleyes: but I like the looks of some of these one off customs.I love the looks of a lowered V-rod with Drag Bars,big rear wheel,NOS,Turbo,Ozzy's Skins,etc,etc! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wish i could give you some pics kaz but i don't on a digital camera sorry hopefully they will put it on their web site and oh by the mike told me he was going to do one that was in blue but i am not sure what kind of blue

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it did, that was one of the things that also stood out. i think it stood out better than the red one did with its diamond cut

·
Registered
281 Posts
They already sold it? Wow. I talked to Myke this morning and he said they were going to post some pics on San Diego Harley's website today....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they probalbe will one of the girls i work with her husband is the service manager their and he has said that they sold it already

·
Registered
503 Posts
37,000!!!! for a v rod!!!! plus heavens knows how much in taxes, etc. what are people thinking!!! Hey,, it's deals like that which keep the values from sinking too far on all v rods..... I want to be standing there with a stack of 100's when the honeymoon is over for that guy and he wants to dump that thing for about 23,000.00!!!

regards to all

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I just took a look, ape hangers and spokes

:barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have you guys rode a v-rod with ape hangers? I think you're saying its not jap-sporty enough for you, but I think its pretty tough...especially for old school guys :kaz:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know the making of the handle bars, chroming of them the wiring ran inside and the man hours it took cost them on that part was just over a thousand. i know this cause i asked. like i said the handle bars were like night and day and just felt more comfortable than the stock. i did not really care for the spocked wheels on the red one either but the yellow bike rims were just a lot of better. i think i would stick with solid rims but have that 280 and the handle bars

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I'm not sure if I like the spokes and I'm not a fan of apes, but it does look different, in a cool retro sort of way... oh, yea, and the taillight sucks ;)

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
tymiller said:
I guess both of those v-rods have 14K in upgrades....I think the diamond cut engine alone is huge chunk of change...
A member here got diamond cut heads, i think they said it was $400, looks good. i have rode bikes with ape hangers, and if you think the wind pushes ya back now........................

·
Registered
503 Posts
regarding diamond cutting cylinders: someone had them at the meet in Daytona... It was very nice... 2 questions

approx how much $?
heres the dumb one... do you have to pull the engine apart?

thanks

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
gthong I'm sure the heads must come off to do them but there is a big difference between splitting the cases and taking the heads off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts