Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look at a few bikes this weekend which both seem like very good deals to me.

One is a 2005 with bags / windshield / custom paint - 1200 miles - asking $10,500

The other is a 2006 with SE pipes / black - 2000 miles - asking $11,000

I'll certainly post pics if I make the move, if someone can pry me off the bike. :D

Let me know what you all think about these and what I should be looking for - Thanks!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
do the 06

and scrap the idea of bags all together!!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The Nice THIN Stylish 2006 or the Bloated Diabetic 05 with everything possible to Hide that its a VRod? Simple Buy the 2005 and strip it down and sell the bags and Winshiels d etc.. to some Idiot looking to "Bag Up" their Vrod. You will make a nice Profit while Releasing the Bike from its jail cell. (Except the term 'Custom Paint" always makes my stomach turn, custom meaning What exactley? Dungeons and Dragons Skulls and Flames?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
luxlamf said:
The Nice THIN Stylish 2006 or the Bloated Diabetic 05 with everything possible to Hide that its a VRod? Simple Buy the 2005 and strip it down and sell the bags and Winshiels d etc.. to some Idiot looking to "Bag Up" their Vrod. You will make a nice Profit while Releasing the Bike from its jail cell.
Damn you crack me up.

Either bike will do. Both are pretty good prices. As Lux says, if the bags aren't your thing, you can always sell them here on the forum to re-coup some mod money.

Best of luck.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Buy the 05 ditch the bags and help make a couple months payment. If bags arent your thing. Like to see pics of the so called custom paint!?

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Can't go wrong either way.
Both prices sound fair.
I would probably buy the 05, take off the bags and sell them.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
buy the bagger!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
luxlamf said:
The Nice THIN Stylish 2006 or the Bloated Diabetic 05 with everything possible to Hide that its a VRod? Simple Buy the 2005 and strip it down and sell the bags and Winshiels d etc.. to some Idiot looking to "Bag Up" their Vrod. You will make a nice Profit while Releasing the Bike from its jail cell. (Except the term 'Custom Paint" always makes my stomach turn, custom meaning What exactley? Dungeons and Dragons Skulls and Flames?
I was thinkin the same thing. Dammn those prices are good. Theres know way I could sell my 05 for that little. Better jump on the 05.:banghead:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going tomorrow

He also has a blue SE. I may have to take that off his hands!!!

Either way, he is selling 2 or possibly all 3 - if anyone is interested, I'll reveal info via PM........ after I make my selection, of course!!!!:angeldev:

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Custom paint is not cheap unless you know someone that can do it for you at a discount.

I say go for whatever will cost you less in the long run cause then you will have more bills to buy stuff to add to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts