Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Out of time....
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie... first post...

Is it easy to move them since this model comes with the forward pegs already? If so, what is the approx cost?

Thanks,

-DK

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
It isn't easy, but then its not terribly difficult either. The parts can cost anywhere from 600 to 800 depending where you get them. Keep an eye on the forum for folks with a VRSCD Nightrod, which came with mids. You can swap straight up. I bought my forwards and sold my mids to offset the cost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Look in the "D" section of the forum. There are several posts on this topic.

The shifter side is easy just buy the parts for forwards and mount them. You can keep the mid shifter if you want to and just use a longer bolt at the hiem joints for both linkages.

The brake side is tougher. Since the D has forward pegs already you just need to mount the forward master cyl and associated hardware.

There are a few who have retained the mid controls when adding forwards. Just look through the posts in the D section and you will find all you need.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally I love the mids on my D. They allow you to really get more out of the bikes performance. Riding the mids shifts your weight and gives better control of the bars. You can drop a knee and even get off the seat if you need to.

With forwards you don't have the same kind of balance. It's a totally different feel to go into a corner hard with your ass dragging and your feet out in front of you rather than under.

I tell people the D is the Jekyll & Hyde of V-Rods. You ride the mids for fun, sporty riding, and throw your feet forward and short-shift for leisurely paced riding. It does both quite well.

I have plans to have both using one of the methods I found here, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Adding Arnott's air ride is even better. With the air ride you can keep the D'x ground clearance no matter what you and/or a passenger weigh (within reason). Keeping the mids and highway pegs keeps you ready for anything.
Having dual controls with the air ride would be the ultimate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts