Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 VRSCDX and I was wondering if there is anywhere I could get a set of pegs to mount mid mount for longer rides when my legs get tired of the forward position. Let me know what my options are.

thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
271 Posts
The D came with mid controls and forward footrests. I'm sure there is a way to mount the D's mid foot pegs but might require the D frame rails

·
Registered
296 Posts
That was the exact thought I had and have been searching it here for a while and have came up with zilch.One would think in the era of after market parts someone would have came up with a set of Mid-pegs and mounts for those with forward controls.

·
Barney
2 Posts
I copied this off this site a month or two ago, I don't remember who posted it, but this may be what you are looking for:

4. MID FOOTPEGS: Alternate footrest positions for rider and passenger

This topic has come up before, usually in terms of alternate passenger footrest positions (and occasionally the driver) usually looking for aftermarket solutions. I posted this in the bagger forum, but since it has direct DX application I thought I'd place it here too.

My DX bagger has forward controls and while I have adapted to that riding position, on LONG rides I need an alternate position - even if just for a few minutes to take the pressure off my arse. Every hour I found I had to get off the bike for a minute or two and bend/ stretch my legs. I also found the forward control position uncomfortable on rough roads, being unable to take up the shock in my legs as a mid control position would permit. In addition there have been questions before on alternate peg positions for passengers, again, always dwelling on aftermarket solutions.

After comparing the differences between a 2007 Nightrod vs my DX, I've figured out that identical mid mounted control mounting positions exist on the wide tire bikes (AW and DX) as the narrow tire models. Using stock Harley bracketry and mounting hardware, I now have mid mounted pegs on my DX. Everything is already drilled and tapped, hidden behind plastic plugs. This permits me to temporarily change to a standard position and remain comfortable - even esp on rough roads. For 2-up riding, the mid peg provides a relaxed foot position for the passenger - tho if they are short (say less than 5'7" ) it might be out of reach. I took a friend for a ride who was 5'9" and he found it to be really comfortable. The only piece I had to scavenge was a 2 inch 1 inch dia steel spacer for the right side. Got it from Lowes for less than $2 and painted it black. Still have to blacken the left side shaft.

I don't have the part numbers, but the parts manual at your local stealership lists all the parts. Get all the brackets and bolts listed for the VRSCD. Total came out to about $125, less the pegs themselves which I had saved after changing out the front pegs for longer Harley units. The part numbers for the mod are as follows:

51089-06BK Clevis rider, front, right
51091-06BK Foot Peg Mounting rider, left, black
51097-06 Clevis rider, front, left
4470M Screw (long screw for the rt side bracket)
4471M Screw (long screw for the left side bracket at top)
4250M Screw (set of 2, 1 for the bottom of the left side bracket and 1 for the left foot peg rider)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, that was the information I needed. Sounds like I just need to go to the dealership and order those parts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just completed the D mid pegs. Barneyrw's parts list was spot on. Was $172.00
at my local dealer.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts