Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
IMHO the best setup is mid controls with fwd hwy pegs - at least like on the '06 D and the '06 & '07 R in particular. Fwd controls are not conducive to cornering and cause damage to the pegs, rear brake & shifter shaft when dropped. Yes, if you're a tall long legged guy on a bike with a fat back tire and a kicked out rake yea, go for the fwd. controls it isn't going to turn well anyhow, anyway. However if you're on an R model the mids rule, the fwd. controls are for cruising. No One races a bike with fwd. controls, it's truly just cruiser territory. Get what makes you happy but remember it's always best to buy the right bike up front. Changing controls is not cheap or easy, even when you can trade them ;) -

·
Registered
114 Posts
I contacted Altered State Design and he is not keeping the database any more. People been swapping Mids for Forwards since the beginning of times. LOL

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a 2006 Night Rod that came with mid controls.I changed over to front controls & have everything left from the conversion.Black rails like new,both pegs,pedals,linkages,hose, everything to do conversion in excellent condition.
sending a pm

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Trust but verify ! Low post count parts providers have been proved to sometimes being scammers right here on the 1130cc.com site - just be careful and protect yourself during any transaction - so there is no opportunity to be a victim. And Good Luck !

·
Brutal
23 Posts
I don't know why people just don't get both. That's what I did. I have both Forward and Mid controls. The best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Holy Crap Batman that's a First ! I'd have to re-calibrate my mind for dual controls - OK I'd probably never do it - Mids are where I prefer to control my R from, but hey, duals for those that want them, well hell yea ! (y) :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts