·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete set of mid controls including frame rails

·
Registered
516 Posts
Altered State Design was starting a list of people that wanted to trade. Check it out, it might be worth a shot.

·
boredom kills
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Altered State Design was starting a list of people that wanted to trade. Check it out, it might be worth a shot.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for a complete set of mid controls including frame rails
I have a 2006 Night Rod that came with mid controls.I changed over to front controls & have everything left from the conversion.Black rails like new,both pegs,pedals,linkages,hose, everything to do conversion in excellent condition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2006 Night Rod that came with mid controls.I changed over to front controls & have everything left from the conversion.Black rails like new,both pegs,pedals,linkages,hose, everything to do conversion in excellent condition.
Hey Quadgod, how hard was it to find the forward controls for the conversion. Did you buy them from a website or did you have to find someone to trade with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am interested in your Mid controls.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
You need frame rails for fwd. controls, not with mids you need the mounting pieces for the footpegs and controls - totally different animal -

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
The mounting point for the left side peg is some tapped holes on the frame, triangle shaped tube section below the swingarm. Look at yours and see if the holes are tapped, or even drilled to be tapped. If not you'll need to drill and tap those points or you can't bolt on the peg. When drilling you'll need to either remove the tank or slide a piece of metal shim between the tank and frame to prevent the possibility of drilling a hole into your tank.

·
Registered
516 Posts
So......... this is exactly why Altered State design tried set up a data base of people wanting to trade. All kinds of posts of people jumping in with wanting this or that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So......... this is exactly why Altered State design tried set up a data base of people wanting to trade. All kinds of posts of people jumping in with wanting this or that.
Moler, with all due respect...That's going to happen with a bike that' been discontinued. It's only going to happen more as time rolls on until at some point used vrods are truly out of circulation.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What I'm getting at is the fact that there are lots of people who want to trade forward for mids and reverse. they all get lost in these kind of posts. There was or still is a data base with these people so you don't have search through all these threads for a person to trade with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What I'm getting at is the fact that there are lots of people who want to trade forward for mids and reverse. they all get lost in these kind of posts. There was or still is a data base with these people so you don't have search through all these threads for a person to trade with.
I spoke with Altered State, and they don't have the database active to my knowledge. I have ridden bikes with both mids and forwards and bought my bike out of state because it had a great price with a number of features I wanted. The only regret is, I feel the mids on this model aren't very comfortable. So now I am also am looking for forwards. As they say...it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts