Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumb question I know, just not sure what the diff is? I'm on an 04 B, we talking foot position? I assume mine is fwd then? thx :D

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Yep ...

... you got it.

Street Rods (VRSCRs) and "original" Night Rods (VRSCDs) have Mid Controls, i.e., under you instead of out in front.

All other models have Forward Controls.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mid Control Conversion

... you got it.

Street Rods (VRSCRs) and "original" Night Rods (VRSCDs) have Mid Controls, i.e., under you instead of out in front.

All other models have Forward Controls.
Is it possible to convert my 2004 VRSC from front controls to mid controls using oem Harley Parts. Thanks

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Ken, Will this set up work with my original exhaust, Everything I have seen requires a different exhaust system to clear the Brake assembly . Thanks for your help

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Thanks Ken, Will this set up work with my original exhaust, Everything I have seen requires a different exhaust system to clear the Brake assembly . Thanks for your help
I can't say for sure as I went the other way (mids on a D to forwards.) IMHO the original third volume will get in the way of mid controls. I'd check the classifieds for someone selling the pipes off a D or an R. All you should need are the third volume and the cans.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,473 Posts
I have set of exhaust from 08 DX for sale, but keep in mind that conversion of your B model is not straight bolt on. Some welding will be required, peg attachment points for the left side peg which the early frames did not have.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Is it possible to convert my 2004 VRSC from front controls to mid controls using oem Harley Parts. Thanks
Is your bike an A or a B? ( Silver frame=A, Black frame = B). If its a B , I'm looking to convert my 08 VRSCD to mid controls. Frame color is important since the lower right frame piece needs to be changed. Its possible we could swap parts for no money, otherwise its over $500 in parts from Harley. I have an ad in classified in the swap section.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is your bike an A or a B? ( Silver frame=A, Black frame = B). If its a B , I'm looking to convert my 08 VRSCD to mid controls. Frame color is important since the lower right frame piece needs to be changed. Its possible we could swap parts for no money, otherwise its over $500 in parts from Harley. I have an ad in classified in the swap section.
Thanks for your response, Mine is an A , silver frame. On the side where the shifter controls would bolt near the little triangular frame part mine does not have any provision for bolting the oem bracket to . My understanding is that it wont work with the stock exhaust either???I would really like to maintain the stock exhaust and just have it V-Modded, again not sure if this can work . If it can for sure I would consider it ..

·
EXCELSIOR
8,473 Posts
Whit, the easiest method would entail fabing a plate with threaded bolting points which could be welded to the frame triangle, painted to match on the left side.

You are correct the HD mids will not clear the stock A third volume, you would need to change to an R, D, or DX system which again would entail modification to or addition of special brackets to hang the exhaust.

The right side peg attaches to an alternate design right side swingarm bearing support plate, held on by 2 bolts attached to the frame.

Changing or altering the exhaust is the only way this will work for you, either of the stock systems mentioned above, alteration to Powerline type mod or replacement with aftermarket pipes.

A used Kosman set makes much more sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally spoke to Robert ,new owner at Kosman and I think they have exactly what I need for a direct bolt on system and I can retain my stock exhaust , which I will have the v-mod done to .. I just like the lines of it better with that exhaust . Thanks for your help and suggestions ,I am still gathering info at this point ... Whit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mid Set

Robert told me that they are doing alot of other things now but do have these in inventory, so far price ?? will know when he send me pics etc..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey, hope I'm not too late to the party, but why do you want to go to mids from forwards? Shorter riders like the mids and feel like its too much of a reach with forwards........................but if you are just short of comfortable, reduced reach controls are available from Harley, and probably a lot cheaper of an alternative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey thanks for you response ,I don't have a height problem 6' I just don't like riding with my feet out in front of me all the time.Occasionally on a long trip it is nice to have a secondary position. I just like the feel of having my feet underneath me .If I want to stand up a bit to adjust I can with mid set up , try to stand up with the fronts LOL , so thats my story and I am sticking to it . I am going with the Kosman set up under new ownership but still producing stock ....

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts