Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting mid pegs on my 03 for a while. i am just looking for somewhere to change up my feet for them long trips. Im not necessarily looking for the ability to use the mids to shift and brake. just the use of the peg alone to change up my feet.

i looked at v-mods kit and what i don't understand is how they bolt flat steel to the rounded frame with out getting a feeling of the whole kit flexing when pressure is applied.

http://www.v-mod.com/shop/_default/viewProductImage.asp?CID=405&PID=4323
thanks any input or suggestions is welcome.
jesse

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
holy crap - $550 for two mounting brackets and a rod? Are they made of gold plated titanium?

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
my thoughts exactly

500 bones for a hunk of metal
wow

unobatinium i bet

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i have no interest in this kit for the price but i still cant see how its a solid mount when they bolt a flat steel to a round frame

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
my experience with v-mod tells me they slapped some shit together and called it their own...I have not been impressed with the quality of parts I have ordered from them (bars, mirrors, signals, riser). In fact, every part I bought from V-mod has been replace on my bike by higher quality components at this point

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
That would be VERY easy to make looking at the pictures! Looks like they use the frame mounting point...I'd think they'd use a spacer between the flat bar and the round frame (bolt would go though both) so that you'd have two flats to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts