Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Lansing gets my vote for obvious reasons. Sunday also works better here, with kids sporting events dominating my Saturdays...Sunday is my only option.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am fine with Lansing, but not being from there, I don't know it well. Several folks have leaned toward a Sunday thing, with work issues, kid sports and whatnot. I would be fine with my place, Niles, Kazoo, or anywhere the group wants to go. I know Capitol HD is closed on Sunday. Anybody from there want to help me host this? The default is Grand Rapids (or my place) which is all of 45 minutes west of Lansing. I have been on many PGR missions on the east side, going over and back in much less than a day. After leaving the Detroit metro area, getting across the state is no problem. Keep the ideas comming, and Hope for continued mild weather. June is too far away. I want to see more folks before we have to hibernate! Joe

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got a vote for 11-4. I also saw a flyer for a swap meet in Birch run that day. Is that too far? The frost warnings are comming at us!

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Sunday is better than Saturday for me as well.....

We need someone from Lansing to hook us up with a meeting place..... a Hooter's or something?

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
I'm not from Lansing, but I can use Google. Here is a Hooters in Lansing.

Oh yeah, and Birch Run is not too far for me, but the West Siders might have a different view on that.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I'd be happy to meet in Lansing. It's been years since I've been there, but I remember a thing or two from the 8 years I spent on that campus in E. Lansing. I think there is a Hooters. I'd rather eat my boot leather. But we can meet there. Sundays are better for me. I'd like to get to the Student book store, I'm running low on MSU garb.....:rofl:

I wouldn't mind a picture of the bikes infront of SPARTY on campus. I figgure we did Touchdown Jesus. Let's get a picture of the bikes in front of the Nation's largest free standing ceramic statue. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Leaning toward 11-4, as some folks have to work on 10-21. My concern is weather. This weekend is looking wet, as originally, we thought 10-21 or 11-4 would be good. A Sparty picture is a good idea. I did not go there, but I sent my daughter there, on the "bank of Dad" tuition plan. She graduated in May, so it was like a pay raise! Do we want to link up there, and go north to Birch Run? It googles out to 67 minutes from there. There is a BW3 across from campus, which has better wings.

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
In the racing section the famed "DMX" is doing a dyno drags in Grand Rapids- too bad we can't convince them to do a speacial Sunday event.....

I'm hoping to have my bike road worthy for this, probably won't have a clutch yet so I won't be playing hard.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
We have a couple of people who can't make 10-21. I hate to waste a sunny Sunday. How about this for an idea:
Those who can make it on 10-21 (this Sunday), link up in E. Lansing, take a ride, eat something. Get Sparty photo's, let RJ restock his MSU stuff, etc. Any thoughts?
As a tentitive plan, find a start point for 11-4, link up, and proceed to the Birch Run Swap Meet. Might be bad weather, but hard to say. Worst case, drive cars. What do you guys think? Joe

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
I posted in the Michigan registry that my wife and I are doing a saddlebag trip this weekend. Any of you would be welcome to join us. Leaving Brighton Sat. a.m..........heading to Frankenmuth for lunch then on to Mt. Pleasant for the night (gambling...nice meal).... returning home Sunday. So far no takers......and I even showered this morning???????

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
I wish a bunch of you would saddle up and go check out the DMX dyno drags on Saturday- if you haven't been following it's in the racing section- Joe you gotta go there and give us the straight scoop! If anyway possible I would run up there but, don't think I can get done working anytime soon enough to make it.
Plus I'm waiting on pulley parts so my bike may not be up til next week.
How can a part get shipped from California at midnight (ground) make it to Ohio by 8am and now take til next Monday to make it to me?

But, please someone make it to DMX to see what's actually going on!

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
JSC said:
How can a part get shipped from California at midnight (ground) make it to Ohio by 8am and now take til next Monday to make it to me?
Aghhhh, I think its becuz you live in the bush.. :angeldev: :angeldev: :hidesbeh:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
I agree Jeff - We need to take a group ride up to DMX's place to check this out.. :moped:

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I'm free Saturday 11-3-07....... DMX run?

21 - 40 of 197 Posts