Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a not always reliable source that new model Vrods come with Mchelins.

Does that mean we'll have a new choice for tires?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Michelin does NOT offer tires in the VRSC stock sizes, and absolutely do not offer a 240

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I was told by a not always reliable source that new model Vrods come with Mchelins.

Does that mean we'll have a new choice for tires?
I was wondering this Too But Fear it will be as it has been in the past this doesn't include the Older bikes at 180-200 rears.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
According the the HD website they started coming with Michelins stock for 2011. They say it is a Michelin Scorcher "31" tire and it is branded with the Harley bar and shield, which means it will be another Harley proprietary tire like the Dunlop D407.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great, Michelin sold out, hopefully they have a loophole so we can get then somewhere besides HD. Avons are working great for now though.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Yes they do.
well then I stand corrected and my bike shop friend will now be kicked in the gnards.... Not listed on their website either?
Does this mean HD will finally admit that Dunlops on the VRSC lineup was a mistake?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
well then I stand corrected and my bike shop friend will now be kicked in the gnards.... Not listed on their website either?
Does this mean HD will finally admit that Dunlops on the VRSC lineup was a mistake?
The MoCo has admitted the dunlops were not a good choice on the V-Rod since 2002.It's just that when the MoCo makes a decision,it takes several years for them to figure out how to put the decision into action.

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
The MoCo has admitted the dunlops were not a good choice on the V-Rod since 2002.It's just that when the MoCo makes a decision,it takes several years for them to figure out how to put the decision into action.
Like any bureaucracy worth it's salt :deal:

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Or the termination of contractural obligations, and finding a new one.

exactly....... now to find these new Michelins somewhere in the next couple weeks cause I will be needing tires soon and will NOT pay dealership prices and really didnt want to go with Avon or Metzler anyway. Though I really havent had trouble out of the Dunlops per say for me there are only two brands of tires I recognize... Michelin and Pirelli..

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Or the termination of contractural obligations, and finding a new one.
Yea,I figured this too.
The lawyers they keep can damned sure get on someones ass when there is a copy write infringement,but to keep people happy by forcing a vender to supply proper goods is beyond them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According the the HD website they started coming with Michelins stock for 2011. They say it is a Michelin Scorcher "31" tire and it is branded with the Harley bar and shield, which means it will be another Harley proprietary tire like the Dunlop D407.
It's actually the Scorcher "11." The "31" is a bias-ply tire for Dynas, while the "11" is a radial for V-Rods and the new SuperLow. Yes, it will be exclusive to Harley dealers, but that's the price of poker if your tire company wants OE spec with the MoCo.

Available Scorcher "11" sizes:
Front: 120/70 ZR 18, 120/70 ZR 19
Rear: 150/60 ZR 17, 240/40 R 18

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
While I'm hopeful that these tires will be a better option than the Dunlops, I keep reminding myself that HD probably went with the lowest bidder and the cheapest tire they could slap on.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
If Michelin were smart (knock knock, anyone listening?) they would make a 210 and a 250/260 size of a very similar tire available in the aftermarket. That would allow them to maintain their obligation to the MOCO but also provide us with a new choice. :stooge:

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
I swear by Michellin's, always put em on my SL500. Goodyear and Dunlop are junk, too stiff and they let loose too fast. I wish they had these Michellins in a 260, I'd be all over a set of em, the dealer price isn't even that bad.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts