Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the factory Dunlops with Michelin Scorchers, stock fitment.
Big improvement over over the Dunlops. The rear tire in particular feels better with the bike cranked over in the turns. I've ridden about 70mi on the new tires combined freeway and street. No rain here in SoCal but the tires don't drift with the rain grooves in dry freeways.

I have not ridden Avon or Metzelers but if you want the stock fitment the Michelins are very good. Thy look about the same as the Dunlops, rear maybe little wider. I have ABS and will be selling the bike so decided to stick with stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good on you sir! Are you getting another bike?
Yes, I'm sticking with H-D, getting a Street Glide. The Muscle has been great but the wife and I are doing some long distance touring. It was a hard decision, nothing like the V-rod power and smoothness but need to go over to the touring side to get the road comforts.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Yes, I'm sticking with H-D, getting a Street Glide. The Muscle has been great but the wife and I are doing some long distance touring. It was a hard decision, nothing like the V-rod power and smoothness but need to go over to the touring side to get the road comforts.
Thats funny/ironic, my buddy back home just traded in his night-train for a streetglide. He got the orange one. I would of went flat black but they all look pretty sick. The streetglide does a good job of being comfordable and yet still looking great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats funny/ironic, my buddy back home just traded in his night-train for a streetglide. He got the orange one. I would of went flat black but they all look pretty sick. The streetglide does a good job of being comfordable and yet still looking great.
Interesting and consistent with what the dealers are saying. They are selling Street Glides like crazy but cannot move the other bikes very quickly. Also, Harley cut back production and demand is exceeding supply. Dealers are hoping the factory can get more bike in the pipeline. I think the 103 PowerPak is boosting sales.

Anyway, I started this thread because I thought there might be some interest in the Michelin Scorchers which are on the '11 Muscle.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
What's the going price for HD/Michelin Scorchers for vrods?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I now have Pirelli Night Dragons front and rear after the factory Dunlops died and i must say a MASSIVE improvement ..... Heaps move responsive to switch direction and rolls into corners alot easier ..... REALLY HAPPY with them .... hope to get more than 8500 km out of the front ......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts