Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang:

Anyone find a source for the "new" Metzeler 200 ZR? I've seen some advertising on it but have yet to find a source... :confused:

"V-Rod ---New Metzeler ME880s have applications other than baggers. Just added to the lineup is the ME880 V-Rod tire, a Metzeler that’s sized, styled and configured exclusively for Harley’s liquid-cooled sport-custom. Aggressively compounded and patterned V-rated radials, the V-Rod Metzelers are sized 120/70-19 front and 180/55-18 rear. Added to this combo is a brand-new, even larger upgrade rear tire, a 200/50ZR-18. Looking for that meaty, muscle look on a stock rim? Here it is. This big V-Rod rear has the same radial construction and Metzeler upgrade performance as the OE-replacement 180/55VR-18 rear, but with a killer wide-tire look and the ultimate “Z” speed rating."

:banghead:

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
I called Metzeler's USA office. They said "we have seen the magazine articles also, but don't know anything about the tire". Basically, the factory hasn't informed them when it's going to be shipping. Metzeler's US phone number: 706-368-5826

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks! :plause:

Sounds like a case of "vaporware" ("vapor-tire?") in the tire business! :lamer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts