Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
200 Metz

:vrod:I'M REALLY ENJOYING MINE. GETTING MUCH BETTER IN THE TURNS. I GOT MINE FOR $141.00 INSTALLED. ENJOY, AND TAKE SOME TIME TO GET USED TO IT. WARM THEM UP BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO THE TWISTY'S. MARTY

·
Registered
765 Posts
Someone gave me a Metz 200 installed, $20 cash, and a Snickers bar! I win!!!! ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Metz 200 with stock front tire

How does the metz 200 handle with the stock front. The guys at the HD shop dont recomend mixing tires. Will I have any problems in the hard turns.?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good question. I've always heard not to mix tires too. I run a Metz front and rear, although the Metz front's profile is a bit different than the 200. I'm curious what others will say!

·
Registered
223 Posts
You will not have a problem. I ride hard in the twisties and have the stock dunlop in the front and metz 200 in the rear. No problems.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hi mdrsteve, the differance between the deal u got and the deal we're talking about. our tire deals included tread.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
The avon is tall and wider than the metz,I think that the inner fender supports have to be cut back along with the belt guard. This is the next tire that I'll run so when I trim the dogs I'll mod the rest so it's ready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts