Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this before? I have about 7K on it and the front tire looks good.

Attachments

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
looks like your rubbing something under the fender. did you check under there to see if maybe there is a bolt sticking down too far? maybe from a baseplate?

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
looks like your rubbing something under the fender. did you check under there to see if maybe there is a bolt sticking down too far? maybe from a baseplate?
:them: Is your rear end lowered at all?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't lower it. I put the rizoma license plate bracket on a couple of months ago. Im 90% sure its not that but ll have to double check it. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Air pressure?

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Thinkin that is an obvious mark of something digging into the tire as it spins. kinda only one area that could be coming from.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
that sucks maybe to much weight on this bike, or cut this bolt cause you end up with 2, 130 MEtz:spank:
i think no big deal you can ride the bike like that, i ride my bike until i see the rope almost

M

·
brett
9,338 Posts
thats the same groove some have had riding with the arnotts fully lowered ,so along the ame lines ,im thinking stock shocks on a too soft setting

what setting are the shocks at 1,2,3,4,5,

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If you havn't messed w the suspension,or added any long bolts,it has to be debis that was caught up in there.
Aren't you glad you bought the road hazard tire warranty? You did buy the warranty,didn't you?

List price on that tire,installed is close to $400.The warranty was only $300 for 7 years.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
damn wish we could get the warrentys you guys get ,we get none of them ,just the standard h,d one and that is it

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
damn wish we could get the warrentys you guys get ,we get none of them ,just the standard h,d one and that is it
Setup a government like we have.Hire lobbyist to lobby for you at your capitol for an insurance commission.
Nothin to it,we do it everyday here in the USA.:deal:

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
I didn't lower it. I put the rizoma license plate bracket on a couple of months ago. Im 90% sure its not that but ll have to double check it. I'll let you know.
Should not be to hard to find. Put the bike on a lift with the rear tire dangling. Remove bottom bolt on both shocks to drop the wheel down even further then peer inside to see where a bolt/nut/etc is that lines up with that stripe. You are hitting something when you hit a hard bump causing the stripe.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lucky its the fat part of the tire and wont cause you grief :)

Im more impressed with the lack of chicken strips????????????

Is this normal for a 260 Metz?
They lean that well and use that much tire without anything scraping?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After checking it out today it looks like it could be the lower bolt that holds the plate bracket to the main system. My wife checked it out while I sat on it a put some extra presure on it and it came pretty close. I have the stock shocks up one level from stock for riding with a passenger. I’m only 215 so it's not too much weight. I cut down the bolt and adjusted the plate out a bit to give it more room. I'll keep an eye on it.

The avatar is the Disturbed Indestructible album cover

1 - 17 of 17 Posts