Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched to a mets 200 this past week. I notice that the right side of the tire is rubbing very little on the bolts from the dog ass. I took the rear fender off thinking I could just remove those bolts, but they looked to be the only thing fonding the DA to the inner fender. I don't want to spend more money to switch to a side mount plate. Does anybody have any suggestions?

ps: I removed my saddle bags bracket, but I didn't have to do anything to the belt guards...

Thanks in advance for the help

Gui

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You have a 2003?

You might get away with spreading the metal inner fender, just a hair to get it to clear. You may be able to loosen the mounting bolts for the fender and push it to the right to give a bit more clearance as well. It's just fudging the tolerance that will make this work out. Be creative, and be careful.

RJ

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
I just checked mine which is a 2003 and though they weren't really close it appears there was enough excess bolt to be ground down a little.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
If I remember correctly...... I used carriage bolts and put the head on the inside of the fender then loctite the nut and cut the remaining bolt off the clear the fender...

These bolts weren't an issue with a 200 Avon but were with the 200 Metz.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rjrivero said:
You have a 2003?

You might get away with spreading the metal inner fender, just a hair to get it to clear. You may be able to loosen the mounting bolts for the fender and push it to the right to give a bit more clearance as well. It's just fudging the tolerance that will make this work out. Be creative, and be careful.

RJ
I do have a 2003 RJ. I tried spreading the fender, I rode it by my self and there ere no problems. I just wonder if it will be the same when my girlfriend is on the bike. (my bike is lowered with the 12" smoothrides) I will try cutting the excess of the bolt as well.

Thanks
Gui

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Just get shorter bolts from the hardware store. I got stainless steel ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts