Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the only "obsessive compulsive" who spent too much time trying to "neatly" install the Power Commander ???

I just didn't feel right about "wedging" it in between the battery & air box, AND forcing the side cover on over that bulging MESS of wire harnesses.

I followed the instructions to the letter, but it seemed like trying to cram 10lbs of crap into a 5 lb bag !!!

Anyone else ???

Thanks,

EE

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It was that mess that kept me from installing the Power Commander and waiting for the RT. I just couldn't make myself make such a mess and I was more concerned about wiring problem and electro magnetic interference with all those wires just stuffed around the battery.

I guess what I worried about the most was during the years I have been amazed when dealing with sensors that work on very low voltage how some drivability issues have been resolved by just seperating wires in harness looms. I know that small amounts of emi pass from wire to wire and when some things like the TPS and MAP sensors work on less then 1 volt most of the time it only takes very small amounts to cause a problem. All that wiring just jammed up against the battery can't be a good thing long term. IMHO

Max

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you are going topless, there is plenty of room and reach to mount in the lower section of the air box. The PC has small tabs that allow for tie straps and if you mount it correctly the top is easily accessible for your USB cable. I placed foam rubber between the PC andd the air box and tighten down the straps to reduce vibration and have a nice snug fit and didn't cram anything anywhere. I'll try to get a picture to post.

Steve

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
It'll fit,it just takes some some time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sicv-rod said:
If you are going topless, there is plenty of room and reach to mount in the lower section of the air box.
I'll try to get a picture to post.
Steve,

Good idea, I'd like to see a picture.

Do you think you could (carefully) locate the PCIII inside the airbox and still use the lid ???

Thanks,

E

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
If you follow Dynojet's instructions, it fits. The worse aspect is getting the wiring and connectors under the left side cover properly, and getting it attached. Mine has been on there for almost 2 years, without problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts