Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a memphis shades bullet on my 2013 and wanted to share in case anyone else was wondering if it fit. Only thing I had to do out of the ordinary was order the 54-58mm mounts since I have the new inverted forks, flip them backwards to bring the fairing in closer to the bike, and make a filler piece out of black duct tape to fill in the space between the fairing and top of headlight.

Heres the duct tape, you cant see it once its mounted but I had alot of light bleeding up into the fairing without it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the same thing when I installed it but I rode to work this morning and the light pattern seemed to be just as it was before.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I have put about 150 miles on it now and I like it. Only issue is it puts the wind right at my eyes. Im 5'6 so a taller rider may get it right at the neck line or so. Does a good job getting the wind off my chest and I can cruise at a higher speed more comfortably. I havent tried without my fullface helmet though. I will say its a noisier ride. My Schuberth C3 helmet is extremely quiet but with the air hitting it right in the visor it is whistling pretty good.

I have tried messing with the clamps to angle the visor at a steeper angle to get the air over my head but it would involve trimming on the headlight area of the wind screen and I wasnt too comfortable doing that on a brand new wind screen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bullet Booster Wing

Just saw the thread. I like the fairing, saw it in person at Daytona Biketoberfest. It seems too short, though, so that's why wind is hitting you right in your helmet. Did you see this Bullet Booster Wing? Looks like laminar lip, it might help with air flow. If you get it, would you post your pictures and experience with it? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I saw the booster but looks tacky IMO. Kind of like an after thought.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the look of the bullet fairing. Does anyone know if it will fit a 2013 Muscle?
It should. I have a '13 with inverted forks and the only thing I had to do was order a set of 54-58mm fork clamps and everything else bolted up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks good, probably looks better than the deflecting it does. You may be getting some air coming up from underneath it. I thought I saw a thread on here where someone cut a sheet of thick plastic and mounted it below the windshield to air from up from underneath.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah your not going to get a lot of wind protection but its enough to take some of the fatigue off on windy days. I was initially kind of bummed at how little I thought it was doing but then rode into a pretty bad head wind and really felt the difference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
Nice work. Wind management in key to long rides. A laminar lip might look bad, but whistling in the helmet sux! I believe in function! Joe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just installed a memphis shades bullet on my 2013 and wanted to share in case anyone else was wondering if it fit. Only thing I had to do out of the ordinary was order the 54-58mm mounts since I have the new inverted forks, flip them backwards to bring the fairing in closer to the bike, and make a filler piece out of black duct tape to fill in the space between the fairing and top of headlight.

Heres the duct tape, you cant see it once its mounted but I had alot of light bleeding up into the fairing without it.

Hey could you post some pics with a view from the riding position? Like to see how it looks from riders view point. Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts