Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a lovely piece of kit that allows you to carry stuff without spending $100's on a rack and baseplate that'll spoil the look of your bike.Detaches in 5 seconds :)

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fantastic idea and execution, looks great!!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I've been squeezing a full size paper shopping bag between pillion and seat in the same manner.A paper shopping bag holds 25 lbs at 90 mph.

I've seen a similar aluminum transport shelf for sale over the last few years. Did you make this one?

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
That gives me an idea:I've got several old passenger pillions I may rip apart and attach a storage container, shelf or pet cage. Old pillions reworked may make good haulers for longer runs.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
why, thanky, Steve

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
I've been squeezing a full size paper shopping bag between pillion and seat in the same manner.A paper shopping bag holds 25 lbs at 90 mph.

I've seen a similar aluminum transport shelf for sale over the last few years. Did you make this one?

LMAO! Did it go airborne at 91mph?

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
paper shopping bag

LMAO! Did it go airborne at 91mph?
Nope. ....I've been restricted to ride conservatively under 91mph in California.
Please try the paper bag technique greater than 90 mph and report your results. Thx

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Excellent design.Do you have an engineering background?

nope, just a slightly creative mind

Steve sent me a template of the wide-frame pillion and I just adapted it to my earlier design.

·
Rip it up!
301 Posts
I also have one for my 06 D worked flawlessly on my last 2000 + mile journey.Thanks again MegaZ.

·
www.skullfilms.se
108 Posts
This looked like a great idea.. all the way until I got down to my R and saw that the "sadle cut" between the seats are not the same on the R =( It's not a straight line and there are no real places on the frame/base to have the weight from luggage to rest on..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Can you post measurements of the piece that does between the seats ?

I like it for the quick detach option .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts